New Customer default country

Hello Everyone,

Is there a way I can default the country for a new customer record. Is this a form customization or bpm? My country list is already established, do I use the country name or number or either one?

Thanks,
Koecher Vue

You can use either method. You can use the screen customization to default the value.

Mazin

In the Country master file you can set the default currency for the country. Then when you select the Country on the Customer > Detail tab the currency will be updated on the Billing Detail tab.

It’s in Sales > Quote > Setup > Country. I can see that we have US as the default, but I wasn’t able to choose a different one as default for some reason - the checkbox is there but doesn’t work. I’m using E9. Please let me know if you were able to set a default country.

We were having issues with this in the newest Kinetic 2023.2 and after going into all of the settings and changing various things; we found that when we changed the country in company configuration to a DIFFERENT country and saved it; then, re-entered USA into the country and then saved it again, the issue with the country not defaulting properly in quotes was resolved… FWIW. :slight_smile: