New Login for 10.2.300 requires 2.5x more tabs - any thoughts out there?

Hi @Dmitry_Kashulin
The log into Epicor has always been simple.
With Vantage 8.03, E9 and E10.0 You enter your user name [Tab1] password[Tab2] and [SpaceBar] and you are logged in.

When Epicor implemented Active Home page I believe on 10.2.100 a few new checkboxs appeared on the log in screen.
It was’t a problem because you enter your user name [Tab1] password[Tab2] and [SpaceBar] and you are logged in.

Now with 10.2.300 you enter your username [Tab1], password [Tab2], ClassicStyle[Tab3], Active Home Page [Tab4], Cancel [Tab5] and [Spacebar] to log in.

This increase the level of effort to log into Epicor by 250% more tabs.

you can do username, (my user name is comes from my computer, so I don’t even have to do that), TAB, password, ENTER. and you’re in. I don’t think many people use the space bar to activate a button.

4 Likes

Dumb question, does your keyboard not have an enter key or is broken?

3 Likes

Not sure how it is anymore, but back in the early days of Visual Basic, you could assign a button to respond to the Esc or Enter key. Typically the “OK” button would be assigned the Enter key, and the “Cancel” button, the ESC key. So even if another button had focus, hitting the enter key would execute the button click event for the OK button.

And if you want to complain about tan order of buttons, I think the flow of the dialog box for an ECO check-in, goes from the description text to the Cancel, instead of more commonly going to OK.

P.S. - I will use the spacebar to select a radio button, toggle a checkbox, and occasionally select a button (when there is another button that responds to the enter key)

Have you considered single sign on? We are looking to do that to alleviate users having to log in to Epicor.

1 Like

You can get rid of the check boxes by adding /active in the Target path. This will default to Active Home Page. Thanks!

@mapr0901 - Is there a similar /notactive flag as well?

2 Likes

If you specify I think /modern or /shell - I have to look it up, it gets rid even of the classic one / active homepage – or atleast it removes one of them. needs to look it up

1 Like

Yes /classic or /shell

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Might be a good way to tell people that classic just doesn’t exist anymore. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

PS: Bruce I am granting you the illustrious and elusive “who moved my cheese badge” because of this post, you may not join the ranks of the few and the proud

CC: @ckrusen LMAO

5 Likes

I :heart: Classic #ClassicForEva #OG

3 Likes

All our users run /Classic (we’re still on 10.1.400) - Was an easier transition from V8 to E10

1 Like

of course they do. :question: :cheese:

edit: watch this come back to bite me later when I never move to active…

3 Likes

Classic to Active will hurt when you upgrade.

I’m trying to move to Active now myself… too white. But the benefits far outweigh the negatives I think.

Is “Active Home Page” as well liked as Win 95’s “Active Desktop”? :wink:

We’re on 10.2.200 so just the initial version so just a taste of the future. What I’ve seen of what is out in 300 and coming in 400 will make it very much worth it in the end. There are videos from Epicor University on it; http://erpvideo.epicor.com/

1 Like

Lol, we did this when we moved up to 10.2.200.

2 Likes

We went the other way and disabled Active Home Page because if you don’t have BAQ security setup on each BAQ any user can run any BAQ… leading to security/data visiblity issues. We didn’t want to (at the time) deal with setting security on each BAQ.

2 Likes

We have one person (as far as I know) using Active. Too white for me, too, and everything is SO far apart it feels like it takes forever to get to the menu I want.

Maybe when there’s more to go in it my opinion will change.