ODBC 8.03 409a 64 Bit Office 2010

Hi George,

Are you running this on Vantage 409A?

Thank You

Don

Sent: Friday, April 01, 2011 4:22 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: ODBC 8.03 409a 64 Bit Office 2010

MB is right. You need to have a different Driver.

You don't set it up in the CONTROL PANEL/ADMINISTRATION/ODBC like you used to for 32 Bit connections.

You navigate to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder and execute "odbcad32.exe" to set up your connection.

You then set up a new connection with the "Progress OpenEdge 10.2A Driver" as you normally would. This driver should have been installed when you run the NETSETUP from the OE Disk.

Once that is done, you can connect just fine to your DB with Excel 2010 on a 64 Bit setup.

LMK if you have any bumps.

Regards,
George Hicks
PCI

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Don Kollmann <dkollmann@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Group,
>
> Has anyone had any success connecting through ODBC Open Edge 10.1b progress database to Excel Office 2010?
> I am having difficulty getting this connection to work and was wondering if it is possible.
> Windows 7 and Office both 64 Bit
>
> Thank You
>
>
> Don Kollmann
>
> ERP / IS Support
>
> [cid:561584720@01042011-1F78]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi Group,

Has anyone had any success connecting through ODBC Open Edge 10.1b progress database to Excel Office 2010?
I am having difficulty getting this connection to work and was wondering if it is possible.
Windows 7 and Office both 64 Bit

Thank You

Don Kollmann

ERP / IS Support

[cid:561584720@01042011-1F78]

I would imagine that your OE 10.1b ODBC driver is 32 bit.

Michael Barry
Aspacia Systems Inc
312.803.0730 fax
http://www.aspacia.com/

This email, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify me by telephone and permanently delete the original and any copy of any email and any printout thereof.

On Apr 1, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Don Kollmann wrote:

> Hi Group,
>
> Has anyone had any success connecting through ODBC Open Edge 10.1b progress database to Excel Office 2010?
> I am having difficulty getting this connection to work and was wondering if it is possible.
>
> Thank You
>
> Don Kollmann
>
> ERP / IS Support
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>

MB is right. You need to have a different Driver.

You don't set it up in the CONTROL PANEL/ADMINISTRATION/ODBC like you used to for 32 Bit connections.

You navigate to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder and execute "odbcad32.exe" to set up your connection.

You then set up a new connection with the "Progress OpenEdge 10.2A Driver" as you normally would. This driver should have been installed when you run the NETSETUP from the OE Disk.

Once that is done, you can connect just fine to your DB with Excel 2010 on a 64 Bit setup.

LMK if you have any bumps.

Regards,
George Hicks
PCI

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Don Kollmann <dkollmann@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Group,
>
>
> Thank You
>
>
> Don Kollmann
>
> ERP / IS Support
>
>
>