[OFF-LIST] Lead time report

Oops..Must be Friday. Guess it wasn't off-list. Forgot to paste address.
-Todd C.

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Todd Caughey
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 3:46 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] [OFF-LIST] Lead time report

Jim,
I have an extensive leadtime report in RB that measures a whole bunch of time spans. One or all of them may be useful to you. The downside is that it makes extensive use of VB Form and/or User Fields on the Job Header and Order Header. You might have used these dates already. Plus it means continual maintenance to capture the values as they occur but people here are used to them now so it is pretty automatic on their part.

We have made it a huge priority to trim the time it takes from when we receive an order to when a job is setup, then from setup to job traveler printing then from the first operation (in our case shearing strips from sheets or releasing a coil to a job) to when it ships - so for us:
Order to Setup
Setup to Print Traveler (these first two are key to getting the job to the floor quickly)
1st Operation to Ship

It also measures the avg lead time offered by customer (Order to Customer Want)
and avg lead time offered by us (Order to Scheduled Ship)
Finally is measures average days eary (Sched ship to Actual Ship)

Perhaps one of these would be useful and/or guidance as a place to look for your own values.

Oh, and the report also distinguishes between "foundation" customers (our key customers) and ALL customers so we can see if we treat the better customers better or as the case usually is worse because our better customers are also the most demanding. Go figure. The Foundations Status is set on the Customer record in another VBForm or User field.

If you would l ike a copy I can put it in a PRL and send a copy as well as screen shots of the related VB & User screens.

-Todd

From: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com [mailto: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com]On Behalf Of schujamm
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 2:39 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> .com
Subject: [Vantage] Lead time report

I am looking for a leadtime report that we can use to measure our
leadtime through the process form Job order line releases to job
order line ship.

There a host of other times we would like to measure

Order Receipt to Order Entry
Order Entry to Job Order Line Release Entry
Job Order Line Release Entry to Job Order line Rel ship complete

I would like to measure actual dates and not scheduled dates.

Can any one direct me to the table.records that hold the date
informnation I am looking for?

If you have a report you would like to share that would help as well.

Thanks

Jim

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Jim,
I have an extensive leadtime report in RB that measures a whole bunch of time spans. One or all of them may be useful to you. The downside is that it makes extensive use of VB Form and/or User Fields on the Job Header and Order Header. You might have used these dates already. Plus it means continual maintenance to capture the values as they occur but people here are used to them now so it is pretty automatic on their part.

We have made it a huge priority to trim the time it takes from when we receive an order to when a job is setup, then from setup to job traveler printing then from the first operation (in our case shearing strips from sheets or releasing a coil to a job) to when it ships - so for us:
Order to Setup
Setup to Print Traveler (these first two are key to getting the job to the floor quickly)
1st Operation to Ship

It also measures the avg lead time offered by customer (Order to Customer Want)
and avg lead time offered by us (Order to Scheduled Ship)
Finally is measures average days eary (Sched ship to Actual Ship)

Perhaps one of these would be useful and/or guidance as a place to look for your own values.

Oh, and the report also distinguishes between "foundation" customers (our key customers) and ALL customers so we can see if we treat the better customers better or as the case usually is worse because our better customers are also the most demanding. Go figure. The Foundations Status is set on the Customer record in another VBForm or User field.

If you would l ike a copy I can put it in a PRL and send a copy as well as screen shots of the related VB & User screens.

-Todd

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of schujamm
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 2:39 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Lead time report

I am looking for a leadtime report that we can use to measure our
leadtime through the process form Job order line releases to job
order line ship.

There a host of other times we would like to measure

Order Receipt to Order Entry
Order Entry to Job Order Line Release Entry
Job Order Line Release Entry to Job Order line Rel ship complete

I would like to measure actual dates and not scheduled dates.

Can any one direct me to the table.records that hold the date
informnation I am looking for?

If you have a report you would like to share that would help as well.

Thanks

Jim