We have a Quality Management System (ETQ Reliance) that we are implementing. One of the “features” is the ability to publish documents directly to your Sharepoint Libraries at defined workflow stages. It does this using SOAP web services. (Note I am not a developer and maybe talking sideways here). It seems when we trigger the workflow the system attempts to publish the document on cue however we receive a “SOAP” error as follows: The system can not establish a connection to the Sharepoint Environment - Exception of type Microsoft.Sharepoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException was thrown.
The developer did a WebEx with us and tried using SOAPUi to connect to our Sharepoint environment (Office 365) and could also not connect. They, therefore, say it is our issue and not theirs. We can not find any settings to our knowledge that would prohibit access to the library. We use a privileged login ID/Pwd, allow legacy authentication for that user and can add a file to the library using drag and drop with those user creds.
Does anyone have any experience with external connections to Sharepoint 365, SOAP or any insight? My vendor suggests calling Microsoft but we don’t really know what to ask.
As with most interfaces on the web today, the preferred method of working with cloud resources is REST. With Office 365, you want to look at the Microsoft Graph. I didn’t see REST mentioned on their website though. Microsoft deprecated the SOAP API in SharePoint a while ago (4-5 years?) so ETQ should have some replacement if they still support SharePoint as a repository.
Thanks, Mark/Olga, full disclosure, our vendor is supporting us as far as their product is concerned. As I mentioned their support person used SOAP Ui to try and access our instance and could not. I don’t know much about this so I am not
sure what questions to ask Microsoft. Or try to access it myself with a REST call.
This is from a REALLY long time ago so proably a stretch but… I did have external connection issues with Epicors old product Clientele which was using SOAP. In that case the problem turned out to be NAT - for some reason the Clientele setup expected real IP addresses, didn’t like translation. I was able to get a fix from Epicor for that.