One for the ABL/Progress experts smtpmail.p

I have been using smtpmail.p for quite a while as I can send handcrafted .mfgsys files as attachments for users to be able to click on the link in their email and open up the form straight up. I was doing some maintenance and noticed that in a day the file socketemail.log file had grown from 40MB to 23GB! I discovered that there were thousands of files with the following line “05/11/17 08:00:28 writedata - in 0 21 0” with the time slowly changing. App server restarts have resolved the file growth issue, but I would like to understand more as what it actually means. I am assuming the smtpmail got stuck in some loop attempting prepare the email with the attachment.

We send the mail to a local smtp server which then relays to our exchange server if that’s any interest.

If anyone has had something similar happen in their environment using smtpmail.p

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @Hally did you have an example about using the smtpmail.p file in a BPM? I’m trying to send emails with attachments for a customer who has E9 and I was reading about smtpmail.p but I haven’t found any example in Epicor besides I’m not sure where that file should be placed in the server.

Thanks in advance

@darista,
Yes the .p has to go onto the server. For memory there are a few examples of .p’s in a test folder in the server directory. I don’t work at the company I implemented that code at so don’t have access to it sorry.

Maybe this link might help, but you might have seen it in your searches.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Hally I really appreciate it.

1 Like