Order line invoice not pulled into invoice group

My accounting manager has brought me a couple of cases recently where a shipment that is ready to be invoiced will not come in automatically with a new group. We haven’t had this problem until recently. The shipped not invoiced report shows the pack ID correctly, but for some reason she has to manually pull in the order line to be invoiced.

I’m not sure what to look for to see what the problem could be, whether it’s something with the setup of the customer, or the order or what.

If anyone knows of a reason that it wouldn’t pull in automatically I would be grateful for the tip.

Any error message when she pulls it in manually? Does she have to override the billing date when doing it manually? We saw a similar problem come up just last week where the customer Billing day had been set incorrectly.

Error message that came up was the same as what Aaron is seeing in his Customer Shipment thread.

Check the Customer module Billing Detail tab

Term Type Might be set to Monthly with a specific day during the month set. Try setting Term Type to weekly and then setting Billing Day to “All days”

1 Like

She doesn’t get any error messages. It just doesn’t show up in the list to pick from when adding invoices to the group. The miscellaneous seems to work fine, although the type shows Misc, instead of SHP or whatever it normally does. But it all shows up in the trackers like it should except for that as far as I can tell.

Invoice Complete set for either the Customer or Order?

This would prevent creating an invoice for a partial shipment.

It is not checked (which should be correct). I was looking at that. The only difference that I can find for the customer in question compared to another customer that it works for is that the enable one time ship was unchecked for the problem on. Other than that, all of that stuff seems the same.

another thought … Possibly a different Bill To is selected on the order, and the AR person just isn’t seeing it because it;s not the expected company?

We only have one AR person, so she should see all of it. And the bill to is blank on the order. I don’t know if that’s right or not, but seems to be the norm in our system.

Correction, it’s not blank, it’s same as sold to. The bill to on the customer record is blank.

Possible the invoice is in another group? (not likely as you’ve said there is just one AR person)

Yeah, our system only allows one group to be created at a time. (I think?? I’m not accounting, but that’s what I think I’ve seen).

I don’t see any other invoices attached to the pack ID or order. I would think they would show up there.

Has the AR person tried:

EDIT: HAVE THEM FILTER BY CUSTOMER FIRST!!!

Earliest Apply Date message comes from GL/General Operations/Earliest Apply Date. Check the date to make sure it is set prior to the invoice date. Someone maybe has just discovered this setting and started using it. You can also set earliest apply date by transaction type so check the list view to see if specific transaction types have an earliest apply date

Then use these buttons to see ift it shows under any of them

I did look, we don’t have any set. I’m pretty much the only one that “discovers” things around here… That’s both good and bad.

1 Like

Try going back into the packer, and marking it un-shipped. Save and then re-mark it Shipped, and save again.

Some things to check (I’m sure you’ve looked at most)

1. Packer is marked SHIPPED and status is SHIPPED
  2. The packer only contains lines from one Order number
  3. The Qty(s) of line(s) on the packer is non-zero
  4. The line(s) and header of the order have no “odd” options checked.
  5. Customer settings (and Ship To) have no “odd” settings

So the shipment does show in the shipped section of that (like below). When she clicks on manual selection, it shows up. She already did a misc for that one, so there isn’t anything else I can do for testing right now.

1. it was set to shipped.
  2. the order lines were brought in automatically on the customer shipment. They “mass ship” everything, and if their very specific button sequence isn’t exaclty what they expect, they call me. (I’ve gotten countless calls asking why there is nothing on the packing slip because they didn’t check the qty and it came in at 0)
  3. the packing list lines are automatically deleted if the qty is 0
  4. I can’t see anything different on this order compared to other orders. (I’m open to ideas for what odd things to check though)
  5. ditto.

So now the question is, when she clicks on select all, why would something that shows up in the manual selection not come in with select all?

I think it might have something to do with dates like @mjfwagner mentioned, but not the earliest apply dates, since I don’t think we have any of those set up.

So it currently shows as “Ready to Invoice” under “View ALL Packing slips”, but does not show when clicking the “View Not Invoiced Packing slips” button?

yeah, it shows in the shipped section, with ready to invoice checked. But it doesn’t pull in with select all.

For unknown reasons, my people have to regularly click the “Override Billing day” option