Order Lines Not Closing Epicor 9.04

You can find the conversion programs in the "Admin Tools" on your server.

Once you log into the admin tools client click on run conversion program.

You should see an entire list of programs. Unfortunately, EPICOR does not have documentation on what all the programs are for. I find out about them when tech support instructs me to run one.

Keep in mind, you must be a security admin in vantage to be able to log onto admin tools.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Dana Magnuson <dana.magnuson@...> wrote:

> Nancy - I looked in Customer Shipment Entry and you were right, the Shipped Complete box was not checked even though it is for the full shipment.
>
> Brian - As I am new to Epicor and not an IT person. What are the conversion programs - are these patches?
>
> ________________________________
> From: Brian Turner <bturner101@...>
> To: "vantage@yahoogroups.com" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
> Cc: "vantage@yahoogroups.com" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:34 PM
> Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Order Lines Not Closing Epicor 9.04
>
>
> We ran into the same problem. Worst of all, the demand remained open which drove PO suggestions to order more!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 1, 2011, at 1:31 PM, "Nancy" <nhoyt111@...> wrote:
>
> > in customer shipment entry, is the line "shipped complete" checked? We have troubles with this not getting checked sometimes even when the full shipment is being done.
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Brian Turner <bturner101@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > We actually ran into the exact same problem!
> > >
> > > There are two conversion programs you need to run to fix the problem.
> > >
> > > I am not at my desk so I'll send you the conversion program numbers shortly.
> > >
> > >
> > > Sent from my iPhone
> > >
> > > On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:13 PM, "Dana Magnuson" <dana.magnuson@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Our Shipping Department just brought to our attention that they have picked product for shipping and printed the packing slip but noticed that certain lines are not closing and remaining open on the order. It is for full shipments of the line, not partials. We have been live for 6 months and have not noticed this ever happening before. Has anyone experienced this, or know what the cause might be? When we have issues like this it is usually due to human error, I've tried looking into this further but don't notice anything unusual on these orders or lines, but the lines were manually closed before I got a chance to take a look at them.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Our Shipping Department just brought to our attention that they have picked product for shipping and printed the packing slip but noticed that certain lines are not closing and remaining open on the order. It is for full shipments of the line, not partials. We have been live for 6 months and have not noticed this ever happening before. Has anyone experienced this, or know what the cause might be? When we have issues like this it is usually due to human error, I've tried looking into this further but don't notice anything unusual on these orders or lines, but the lines were manually closed before I got a chance to take a look at them.
We actually ran into the exact same problem!

There are two conversion programs you need to run to fix the problem.

I am not at my desk so I'll send you the conversion program numbers shortly.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:13 PM, "Dana Magnuson" <dana.magnuson@...> wrote:

> Our Shipping Department just brought to our attention that they have picked product for shipping and printed the packing slip but noticed that certain lines are not closing and remaining open on the order. It is for full shipments of the line, not partials. We have been live for 6 months and have not noticed this ever happening before. Has anyone experienced this, or know what the cause might be? When we have issues like this it is usually due to human error, I've tried looking into this further but don't notice anything unusual on these orders or lines, but the lines were manually closed before I got a chance to take a look at them.
>
>

Try conversion programs 6670 & 6720.

These should recalc the shipped quantities then you will need to manually close the offending line items.

Of course, try this in a dev environment first but it worked for us.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:13 PM, "Dana Magnuson" <dana.magnuson@...> wrote:

> Our Shipping Department just brought to our attention that they have picked product for shipping and printed the packing slip but noticed that certain lines are not closing and remaining open on the order. It is for full shipments of the line, not partials. We have been live for 6 months and have not noticed this ever happening before. Has anyone experienced this, or know what the cause might be? When we have issues like this it is usually due to human error, I've tried looking into this further but don't notice anything unusual on these orders or lines, but the lines were manually closed before I got a chance to take a look at them.
>
>

in customer shipment entry, is the line "shipped complete" checked? We have troubles with this not getting checked sometimes even when the full shipment is being done.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Brian Turner <bturner101@...> wrote:
>
> We actually ran into the exact same problem!
>
> There are two conversion programs you need to run to fix the problem.
>
> I am not at my desk so I'll send you the conversion program numbers shortly.
>
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:13 PM, "Dana Magnuson" <dana.magnuson@...> wrote:
>
> > Our Shipping Department just brought to our attention that they have picked product for shipping and printed the packing slip but noticed that certain lines are not closing and remaining open on the order. It is for full shipments of the line, not partials. We have been live for 6 months and have not noticed this ever happening before. Has anyone experienced this, or know what the cause might be? When we have issues like this it is usually due to human error, I've tried looking into this further but don't notice anything unusual on these orders or lines, but the lines were manually closed before I got a chance to take a look at them.
> >
> >
>
>
>
We ran into the same problem. Worst of all, the demand remained open which drove PO suggestions to order more!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2011, at 1:31 PM, "Nancy" <nhoyt111@...> wrote:

> in customer shipment entry, is the line "shipped complete" checked? We have troubles with this not getting checked sometimes even when the full shipment is being done.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Brian Turner <bturner101@...> wrote:
> >
> > We actually ran into the exact same problem!
> >
> > There are two conversion programs you need to run to fix the problem.
> >
> > I am not at my desk so I'll send you the conversion program numbers shortly.
> >
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:13 PM, "Dana Magnuson" <dana.magnuson@...> wrote:
> >
> > > Our Shipping Department just brought to our attention that they have picked product for shipping and printed the packing slip but noticed that certain lines are not closing and remaining open on the order. It is for full shipments of the line, not partials. We have been live for 6 months and have not noticed this ever happening before. Has anyone experienced this, or know what the cause might be? When we have issues like this it is usually due to human error, I've tried looking into this further but don't notice anything unusual on these orders or lines, but the lines were manually closed before I got a chance to take a look at them.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>

Nancy - I looked in Customer Shipment Entry and you were right, the Shipped Complete box was not checked even though it is for the full shipment. Â

Brian - As I am new to Epicor and not an IT person. What are the conversion programs - are these patches?Â

Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Order Lines Not Closing Epicor 9.04

Â
We ran into the same problem. Worst of all, the demand remained open which drove PO suggestions to order more!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 1, 2011, at 1:31 PM, "Nancy" <nhoyt111@...> wrote:

> in customer shipment entry, is the line "shipped complete" checked? We have troubles with this not getting checked sometimes even when the full shipment is being done.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Brian Turner <bturner101@...> wrote:
> >
> > We actually ran into the exact same problem!
> >
> > There are two conversion programs you need to run to fix the problem.
> >
> > I am not at my desk so I'll send you the conversion program numbers shortly.
> >
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:13 PM, "Dana Magnuson" <dana.magnuson@...> wrote:
> >
> > > Our Shipping Department just brought to our attention that they have picked product for shipping and printed the packing slip but noticed that certain lines are not closing and remaining open on the order. It is for full shipments of the line, not partials. We have been live for 6 months and have not noticed this ever happening before. Has anyone experienced this, or know what the cause might be? When we have issues like this it is usually due to human error, I've tried looking into this further but don't notice anything unusual on these orders or lines, but the lines were manually closed before I got a chance to take a look at them.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>