Original Prod Qty Field on Job Head. What is the use?

At some point a report developer used the original prod qty field on a custom job tag. I am trying to understand why they used this because it is misleading if our schedulers or engineers change the job qty to something different. My first instinct is to change the label to use the Prod Qty field instead since it always has the most up to date qty on the job.

In short, any one know why there is an Original Prod Qty field and whether or not it is used anywhere else in the application?

From the Data Dictionary:

JobHead.ProdQty
This field is not directly maintainable. The value stored here will be different than it was in the pre 8.0- versions. If ProcessMode is Sequential then this is a total of ALL end parts that are being produced on the job. If Concurrent then it is the production quantity of the primary part /PartsPerOp . For example 1000 bottle caps are require, 100 caps are produced per machine cycle would result in ProdQty of 10. See JobPart table for information on end parts of a job.

OrigProdQty does appear in table HXProjectJob too.

So what I am getting from this is that pre 8.0 it could have meant something different than how the field is being used now?

Looks that way. And it looks to vary by process mode of the Job (Sequential vs Concurrent)

Either way. OrigProdQty is
“This field will be set to the value of the JobHead.ProdQty at the time the JobHead.Engineered flag is set to true.”

So maybe there was the need to know what it was when it was engineered.

I need to look into it a bit more because I did have it change to the value of the prod qty, when the Engineered flag is set to true, however I get this message sometimes and based on this question it is updated. I am not sure why they even ask the question which is how this post started. I also don’t know why I get this message sometimes and other times it just updates the field. Are there any implications of selecting no? JobEngineeredFlagChanged

This pretty much answers it then… I should just use ProdQty because OrigProdQty is updated by it when the job is engineered.