[OT] Video from Laptop to Projector

Sorry Jeff

Like other peoples emails.......
first verify resolution and what actually activates the external video
then if it still doesn't work see below
(We had this exact problem and the hardware acceleration was the culprit)

Rich Shafer wrote:

> Jeff try this
>
> Go into the "Display Properties" Window of the laptop
> Go to the Troubleshooting Tab
> find "Hardware Acceleration" Move the slider to "none"
> restart the laptop and try the projector again
>
> Regards
> Rich
>
> Jeff Lewis wrote:
>
> > We are trying to add some video to our PowerPoint presentations. The
> > video shows up on the Laptop screen, but does not show up in the
> > projector's output. It is just a black square where the video should
> > be. We get the same thing when we launch the video using Window Media
> > Player -- fine on Laptop but a no show on projector.
> >
> > Technical Info -
> > Infocus LP350 Projector
> > Made MPEG4 video using an Olympus C770 camera
> > Using 3ivx as the video decoder
> > Windows XP on Sony Laptop
> >
> > Can anyone relate? Must I get a program and convert it to something
> > like AVI?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jeff Lewis
> > Holaday Circuits Inc
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> > __________ NOD32 1.1017 (20050302) Information __________
>
We are trying to add some video to our PowerPoint presentations. The
video shows up on the Laptop screen, but does not show up in the
projector's output. It is just a black square where the video should
be. We get the same thing when we launch the video using Window Media
Player -- fine on Laptop but a no show on projector.

Technical Info -
Infocus LP350 Projector
Made MPEG4 video using an Olympus C770 camera
Using 3ivx as the video decoder
Windows XP on Sony Laptop

Can anyone relate? Must I get a program and convert it to something
like AVI?

Thanks,

Jeff Lewis
Holaday Circuits Inc


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I'd like to help you on this one because it has happened to me too, but
I can't pull out the fix from my tired brain. My first thought is to
reduce the screen resolution. If something else pops into my head, I'll
pass it your way.

Butch

________________________________

From: Jeff Lewis [mailto:jeff@...]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:46 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] [OT] Video from Laptop to Projector


We are trying to add some video to our PowerPoint presentations. The
video shows up on the Laptop screen, but does not show up in the
projector's output. It is just a black square where the video should
be. We get the same thing when we launch the video using Window Media
Player -- fine on Laptop but a no show on projector.

Technical Info -
Infocus LP350 Projector
Made MPEG4 video using an Olympus C770 camera
Using 3ivx as the video decoder
Windows XP on Sony Laptop

Can anyone relate? Must I get a program and convert it to something
like AVI?

Thanks,

Jeff Lewis
Holaday Circuits Inc


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must
have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder
and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/links



Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
ADVERTISEMENT
click here
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129opd387/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/
D=groups/S=1705007183:HM/EXP=1109890033/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*htt
p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=group
s/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=738917355>

________________________________

Yahoo! Groups Links


* To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/

* To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
vantage-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:vantage-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>

* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hey,

It could be the resolution and refresh rate of the external video. Also,
the laptop might need to be told to send video out the external connector -
some can't figure it out on their own. Usually, there is a Function Key
combination to cycle through the various possibilities - LCD ON - External
OFF , LCD ON - External ON, LCD OFF - External ON. On a laptop press and
hold the FN key - usually lower left hand corner of the keyboard and then
tap the F(whatever key) that has a picture of a monitor (could be two
monitors). My laptop is a IBM Thinkpad and the function key is F7. Using
the two key combination will cycle through the three operating modes. You
can test, by connecting a regular monitor to the laptop's external
connector. Most projectors are of the 800x600 variety, but more of the
1024x768 and 1280x1024's are showing up. If you do use an external monitor
for testing - once you get the display on it - check the resolution and
refresh rate. Change the refresh to 60hz and set the resolution to 800x600.
Then without doing anything else to the laptop - disconnect the external
monitor and connect the projector - it should work - unless it is ancient
and works only at 640x480. If it does work - go to the next higher video
resolution until it doesn't work any longer. Once you have it figured out -
write it on a sticker and attach it to the projector so no one else will
have to go through the hassle again.

My 0010 bits,

Charles
----- Original Message -----
From: "Butch Menge" <bmenge@...>
To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:41 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] [OT] Video from Laptop to Projector


>
> I'd like to help you on this one because it has happened to me too, but
> I can't pull out the fix from my tired brain. My first thought is to
> reduce the screen resolution. If something else pops into my head, I'll
> pass it your way.
>
> Butch
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: Jeff Lewis [mailto:jeff@...]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 2:46 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] [OT] Video from Laptop to Projector
>
>
> We are trying to add some video to our PowerPoint presentations. The
> video shows up on the Laptop screen, but does not show up in the
> projector's output. It is just a black square where the video should
> be. We get the same thing when we launch the video using Window Media
> Player -- fine on Laptop but a no show on projector.
>
> Technical Info -
> Infocus LP350 Projector
> Made MPEG4 video using an Olympus C770 camera
> Using 3ivx as the video decoder
> Windows XP on Sony Laptop
>
> Can anyone relate? Must I get a program and convert it to something
> like AVI?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Lewis
> Holaday Circuits Inc
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must
> have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
> (1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder
> and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
> (2) To search through old msg's goto:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
> (3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/links
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ADVERTISEMENT
> click here
> <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129opd387/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/
> D=groups/S=1705007183:HM/EXP=1109890033/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*htt
> p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075>
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=group
> s/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=738917355>
>
> ________________________________
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
> * To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/
>
> * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> vantage-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:vantage-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
>
> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must
have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
> (1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and
Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
> (2) To search through old msg's goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
> (3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/links
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Jeff:

I had the same problem with a projection system. It is not the
projector, as we have tried several brands. It has to do with the video
out on the laptop. The workaround (which is not a good one in my
opinion) is to set the laptop to only display on the video out port. In
other words, you won't be able to see the presentation on the laptop
screen. Typically there is a FN key on the laptop that is used in
conjunction with another key to toggle the video between laptop screen
only, both laptop and video out, or video out only. This seems to have
fixed the problem for us.

Hope this helps.

Dale Norris
IS Manager
Bullen Ultrasonics

>>> jeff@... 3/2/2005 5:45:55 PM >>>


We are trying to add some video to our PowerPoint presentations. The
video shows up on the Laptop screen, but does not show up in the
projector's output. It is just a black square where the video should
be. We get the same thing when we launch the video using Window Media
Player -- fine on Laptop but a no show on projector.

Technical Info -
Infocus LP350 Projector
Made MPEG4 video using an Olympus C770 camera
Using 3ivx as the video decoder
Windows XP on Sony Laptop

Can anyone relate? Must I get a program and convert it to something
like AVI?

Thanks,

Jeff Lewis
Holaday Circuits Inc


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must
have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access.
)
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder
and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/links
Yahoo! Groups Links











[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Usually most laptops have a combination of buttons like ctrl + 3 and changes
modes when you press this like twice it shows on the projector and notebook
at the same time, I would just play it, it can be tricky

Frank Zeigafuse
Innovative Office Products
General Manager
Direct Phone: 610-559-6369
Email: fzeigafuse@...



-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Norris [mailto:dnorris@...]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:05 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] [OT] Video from Laptop to Projector



Jeff:

I had the same problem with a projection system. It is not the projector, as
we have tried several brands. It has to do with the video out on the laptop.
The workaround (which is not a good one in my
opinion) is to set the laptop to only display on the video out port. In
other words, you won't be able to see the presentation on the laptop screen.
Typically there is a FN key on the laptop that is used in conjunction with
another key to toggle the video between laptop screen only, both laptop and
video out, or video out only. This seems to have fixed the problem for us.

Hope this helps.

Dale Norris
IS Manager
Bullen Ultrasonics

>>> jeff@... 3/2/2005 5:45:55 PM >>>


We are trying to add some video to our PowerPoint presentations. The video
shows up on the Laptop screen, but does not show up in the projector's
output. It is just a black square where the video should be. We get the
same thing when we launch the video using Window Media Player -- fine on
Laptop but a no show on projector.

Technical Info -
Infocus LP350 Projector
Made MPEG4 video using an Olympus C770 camera
Using 3ivx as the video decoder
Windows XP on Sony Laptop

Can anyone relate? Must I get a program and convert it to something like
AVI?

Thanks,

Jeff Lewis
Holaday Circuits Inc


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have
already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access.
)
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and
Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/links
Yahoo! Groups Links











[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have
already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and
Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/links
Yahoo! Groups Links










<www.LCDarms.com> -- Ergonomic mounting solutions for monitors and keyboards

This e-mail is from Innovative Office Products, Inc. but expresses the views of the sender and not necessarily the views of the company. The email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the intended recipient at the e-mail address to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed or used by any other than that addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error, please delete and notify the sender via e-mail or sales@... quoting the name of the sender. Messages sent via this medium may be subject to delays, non-delivery and unauthorized alteration. This e-mail has been prepared using information believed by the author to be reliable and accurate. Unless expressly stated otherwise, this e-mail does not form part of a legally binding contract or agreement between recipient and Innovative Office Products, Inc.

Warning: Although Innovative Office Products, Inc. has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments. It is, therefore, your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).
Jeff try this

Go into the "Display Properties" Window of the laptop
Go to the Troubleshooting Tab
find "Hardware Acceleration" Move the slider to "none"
restart the laptop and try the projector again

Regards
Rich

Jeff Lewis wrote:

> We are trying to add some video to our PowerPoint presentations. The
> video shows up on the Laptop screen, but does not show up in the
> projector's output. It is just a black square where the video should
> be. We get the same thing when we launch the video using Window Media
> Player -- fine on Laptop but a no show on projector.
>
> Technical Info -
> Infocus LP350 Projector
> Made MPEG4 video using an Olympus C770 camera
> Using 3ivx as the video decoder
> Windows XP on Sony Laptop
>
> Can anyone relate? Must I get a program and convert it to something
> like AVI?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Lewis
> Holaday Circuits Inc
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
> __________ NOD32 1.1017 (20050302) Information __________
>
> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
> http://www.nod32.com