Outside Processing for MTS

You can try adding the actual operation on the approved supplier maintenance screen for the supplier instead of a customer approval.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karl Dash wrote:
>
> All,
>  We are primarily a make-to-order house and have handled outside processing for years with no hitches. Now we want to build some assemblies to stock and they require an outside supplier (Supplier X) to work and return them. The error I am getting is: “Supplier is not approved for this Operation”.  I am going through the same steps I would for a MTO activity, namely:
> ÂÂ
> 1. Use Approved Supplier Maintenance to associate the supplier (SupplierX) to the ultimate customer (Cust Y). The Outside Processing operation is listed under 'Operations'
> ÂÂ
> 2. Put the Outside Processing operation as a subcontract operation in the job and identify Supplier X as the vendor to do the work, how much it will cost and number of days to perform the work.
> ÂÂ
> 3. Create the PO with Supplier X and then for the line click on Subcontract Operation, enter the job number and operation number from the drop-down. It is then that I get the above message.
> ÂÂ
> Is there a slightly different process in the first step with MTS since I don't have a Sales Order that links the supplier in the job back to the Sales Order customer number? The only reference in MTS is to a warehouse number not a customer.
> ÂÂ
> Any help on this, please.
> ÂÂ
> Using Progress Vantage 803.408
> ÂÂ
> Thanks, -Karl
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
All,
 We are primarily a make-to-order house and have handled outside processing for years with no hitches. Now we want to build some assemblies to stock and they require an outside supplier (Supplier X) to work and return them. The error I am getting is: “Supplier is not approved for this Operation”.  I am going through the same steps I would for a MTO activity, namely:
Â
1. Use Approved Supplier Maintenance to associate the supplier (SupplierX) to the ultimate customer (Cust Y). The Outside Processing operation is listed under 'Operations'
Â
2. Put the Outside Processing operation as a subcontract operation in the job and identify Supplier X as the vendor to do the work, how much it will cost and number of days to perform the work.
Â
3. Create the PO with Supplier X and then for the line click on Subcontract Operation, enter the job number and operation number from the drop-down. It is then that I get the above message.
Â
Is there a slightly different process in the first step with MTS since I don't have a Sales Order that links the supplier in the job back to the Sales Order customer number? The only reference in MTS is to a warehouse number not a customer.
Â
Any help on this, please.
Â
Using Progress Vantage 803.408
Â
Thanks, -Karl

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Is the operation master set as a subcontract operation?
Bruce

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karl Dash wrote:
>
> All,
>  We are primarily a make-to-order house and have handled outside processing for years with no hitches. Now we want to build some assemblies to stock and they require an outside supplier (Supplier X) to work and return them. The error I am getting is: “Supplier is not approved for this Operation”.  I am going through the same steps I would for a MTO activity, namely:
> ÂÂ
> 1. Use Approved Supplier Maintenance to associate the supplier (SupplierX) to the ultimate customer (Cust Y). The Outside Processing operation is listed under 'Operations'
> ÂÂ
> 2. Put the Outside Processing operation as a subcontract operation in the job and identify Supplier X as the vendor to do the work, how much it will cost and number of days to perform the work.
> ÂÂ
> 3. Create the PO with Supplier X and then for the line click on Subcontract Operation, enter the job number and operation number from the drop-down. It is then that I get the above message.
> ÂÂ
> Is there a slightly different process in the first step with MTS since I don't have a Sales Order that links the supplier in the job back to the Sales Order customer number? The only reference in MTS is to a warehouse number not a customer.
> ÂÂ
> Any help on this, please.
> ÂÂ
> Using Progress Vantage 803.408
> ÂÂ
> Thanks, -Karl
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>