I can't get Character01 to appear in the data for a custom version of the Stock Status Report.
Here's what I've done:
1. Duplicated the StkStatus Report Data Definition (RDD) to StkStat2
2. Edited RDD StkStat2 to include the Chartacter01 field in the Part table
3. Copied the Stock Status Report .rpt file to SSR2.rpt
4. Created a new StkStat report style ("SSR-By Char01"), setting data source to StkStat2, and report to SSR2.rpt
5. Launched Stock Status Report, selected style "SSR-By Char01", and selected print priview
6. Launched CR, opened SSR2.rpt, updated datasorce to the XML file created from step 5, verified DB
* The field Character01 now appears under table Part in field explorer
7. Added Part.Character01 to the report, and saved.
Ran the report again, and Character01 is blank in every instance (and I know there is data in Part.Character01).
I examined the XML file and found that the Character01 element is missing from the <Part> sections in the XML file. Here is a sample:
<PartDescription>1/4 Galvanized Cable - MCM</PartDescription>
I went back and edited my RDD StkStat2, to include every field from Part - (this was a suggestion in a thread several years old). After running the report again and viewing the new XML file, I see that the only user fields that appear in the <Part> sections are the CheckboxNN fields. None of the CharacterNN, DateNN, etc appear.
Is there something special about the StkStatus RDD? Is the "Part" table in the RDD the actual Part table or some derived version or view of it?
Please help as I've wasted so many hours trying to figure this out on my own.