Patch Level? Blank Title 90808

We've been on 8.03.409A for nearly two months now (upgraded from 8.04.406A). We have received a few one-off fixes. For us there are two outstanding new problems that cause us major problems. 1) posting labor in the labor entry grid can't handle rapid posting. We manually post well over 4000 labor lines weekly. Our labor entry time has more than doubled (also with the cost!), it's messing up daily cycle counting, bi-weekly payroll and month end processing. If you use MES or don't collect the detail we do that may not be a problem for you. I think this appeared in 8.03.408. 2) Multi-company dashboards with more than one BAQ in them will only return data for the 2nd company in one of the BAQs. I've had to split all dashboards of this type into multiple small dashboards. This affects payroll processing for us.

Naturally there are quite a few more open calls even after upgrading from 8.03.406A to 8.03.409A, but we've had to deal with them since we upgraded to 406A or even before that. I think you were mainly interested in the new bugs after 8.03.406A so they probably don't concern you.

Sue

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@...> wrote:
>
> Could you elaborate on what this worse condition is? We are getting ready to upgrade and would like to know of any major problems with 409A.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: "robertb_versa@..." <robertb_versa@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thu, June 3, 2010 12:33:21 PM
> Subject: Re: [Vantage] Patch Level?
>
> ÂÂ
> Most stable? - Syteline 7
> /:o
>
> Seriously: Each business case is different as no release is bug free... Just depends on which features are critical to YOU & not broken (or detrimentally changed with new 'features' in your eyes) by a later release.
>
> Epicor's favorite responses are 'working as designed' and 'upgrade'.
>
> We're still waiting for SCRs found in 404 (and promised for fix in 407) to be resolved (and we've just gone to 409a - where our worst issue is now even worse).
>
> Test, test, test - and when you think you're done with due diligence testing - test some more!
>
> Rob
>
> --- Original Message ---
> From:"Dan" <dernst@...>
> Sent:Thu 6/3/10 11:29 am
> To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subj:[Vantage] Patch Level?
>
> I am currently at 803.406A and I am trying to use Customer Connect.
> There is a bug in Customer Connect and Epicor suggested I upgrade to 407. Currently I have no issues with 406A but being forced to upgrade.
> What is the most stable patch level to upgrade to? I see they are up to 409A but hear there are issues with that patch level.
>
> Thanks
> Dan Ernst
> Correct Craft, Inc.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
I am currently at 803.406A and I am trying to use Customer Connect.
There is a bug in Customer Connect and Epicor suggested I upgrade to 407. Currently I have no issues with 406A but being forced to upgrade.
What is the most stable patch level to upgrade to? I see they are up to 409A but hear there are issues with that patch level.

Thanks
Dan Ernst
Correct Craft, Inc.
Most stable? - Syteline 7
/:o

Seriously: Each business case is different as no release is bug free... Just depends on which features are critical to YOU & not broken (or detrimentally changed with new 'features' in your eyes) by a later release.

Epicor's favorite responses are 'working as designed' and 'upgrade'.

We're still waiting for SCRs found in 404 (and promised for fix in 407) to be resolved (and we've just gone to 409a - where our worst issue is now even worse).

Test, test, test - and when you think you're done with due diligence testing - test some more!

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Thu 6/3/10 11:29 am
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Patch Level?

There is a bug in Customer Connect and Epicor suggested I upgrade to 407. Currently I have no issues with 406A but being forced to upgrade.
What is the most stable patch level to upgrade to? I see they are up to 409A but hear there are issues with that patch level.

Thanks
Dan Ernst
Correct Craft, Inc.
Could you elaborate on what this worse condition is? We are getting ready to upgrade and would like to know of any major problems with 409A.

Sent: Thu, June 3, 2010 12:33:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Patch Level?

Â
Most stable? - Syteline 7
/:o

Seriously: Each business case is different as no release is bug free... Just depends on which features are critical to YOU & not broken (or detrimentally changed with new 'features' in your eyes) by a later release.

Epicor's favorite responses are 'working as designed' and 'upgrade'.

We're still waiting for SCRs found in 404 (and promised for fix in 407) to be resolved (and we've just gone to 409a - where our worst issue is now even worse).

Test, test, test - and when you think you're done with due diligence testing - test some more!

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Thu 6/3/10 11:29 am
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Patch Level?

Thanks
Dan Ernst
Correct Craft, Inc.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]