PCID Build Split Merge Task Customization Obstacles

I have been tasked with saving some User Fields to tables PkgControlHeader and PkgControlItem when a Part is added to a PCID. The UD fields have been added to the client and are populated by BPMs. I figured since the task only uses custom datasets not associated to any particular table that another BPM would be the simplest way to go. However, the method PartToPCID is not available for selection for PkgControlIDBuildSplitMergeAdapter. Obstacle #1.

So next option is to do it from the client adding code to the AfterAdapterMethod for PkgControlIDBuildSplitMergeAdapter and update the UD Fields using a table adapter call for each table. However, adapters do not exist for either of these tables. Obstacle #2

So I know it is taboo to update Epicor tables directly and I would like to avoid that, so in this scenario how would you update the tables when Add Part to Destination PCID is selected on the client using the standard customization tools in Epicor?

Well, I found a solution that combines screen customizations, BPMs and UD tables to save my custom data to PkgControlHeader and PkgControl Item. Maybe one day Epicor will build the adapters for these tables or update the task to recognize UD fields so I can change the customization to not do two hops to get the data where it needs to be.

1 Like

Am interested. I added UD fields to PkgControlHeader and had the Epicor Cloud Team run the data regeneration.

The fields show up in the BAQ designer but cannot be selected for binding in the customization screen (Package Control ID)

I had to use the contracts BO for PkgControlUD - r update method to update UD fields. It was not pretty.

For some reason I cannot select the customization when adding a menu option - it is there in developer mode.

Update - I ended up copying the menu option for the base form and that worked. Creating my own works for all other forms. Just not this one. Oddly when using the menu option I created I could select the customization in developer mode, just not in the drop down.