Pictures In Crystal

Main Menu, Options, Clear Client Cache.

Make sure you have closed all the forms first.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike Abell
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 6:38 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Pictures In Crystal

How exactly do you “clear” the cache?

Mike Abell

Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office:   931.432.8408
Mobile:  615.418.3055

email:  MAbell@...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sean McDaniel
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:47 PM

You might also try clearing your cache in-between report runs. I had an issue with a customer that it would show the same picture time after time if I didn’t clear the cache. It was a bug in Epicor, not that they’d admit that. And not sure when/if it was fixed.

Sean McDaniel
Systems Engineer

[cid:comtec_logo6a3489]<http://www.comtecsolutions.com/>

Tel: 585.621.9303 ext. 215
Fax: 585.621.6214
Cell: 585.690.1176
smcdaniel@...<mailto:smcdaniel@...>
www.comtecsolutions.com<http://www.comtecsolutions.com>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen Schoenung
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 1:47 PM

I think you can only use jpg files…

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of whitenight922@...<mailto:whitenight922@...>
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 12:36 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com>

Sorry, I should have mentioned that part too. I have the path as "\\servername\epicordata\empphoto\filename.bpm<file:///\\servername\epicordata\empphoto\filename.bpm>". I tried it with the .bpm and without and neither way is working. I tried a mapped drive too, and that isn't working either. I am refreshing after I make my changes in the preview screen in Crystal.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

We want to dynamically change pictures in Crystal for each page of a report. I followed the instructions, but it still won't load the pictures. I think I may have the address format wrong, but I don't know how to fix it. I used "\\servername\epicordata\empphoto" but that isn't working. I think everything else is fine. Any suggestions?

You have the path to the employee photo but, now you need the actual file name of that employee after emphoto.

You might want a calculation and name the file that same as the employee id.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of whitenight922@...
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 7:20 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Pictures In Crystal

We want to dynamically change pictures in Crystal for each page of a report. I followed the instructions, but it still won't load the pictures. I think I may have the address format wrong, but I don't know how to fix it. I used "\\servername\epicordata\empphoto" but that isn't working. I think everything else is fine. Any suggestions?

Sorry, I should have mentioned that part too. I have the path as "\\servername\epicordata\empphoto\filename.bpm". I tried it with the .bpm and without and neither way is working. I tried a mapped drive too, and that isn't working either. I am refreshing after I make my changes in the preview screen in Crystal.
Actually what I saw said that you can it converts everything into bitmaps. I tried both though without any luck.

In case anyone is interested, I found out what I was doing wrong. I was using .bpm, instead of .bmp. I guess I have Epicor terminology on the brain! It has to be a bitmap, and you have to specify the .bmp.

Thanks!

You might also try clearing your cache in-between report runs. I had an issue with a customer that it would show the same picture time after time if I didn’t clear the cache. It was a bug in Epicor, not that they’d admit that. And not sure when/if it was fixed.

Sean McDaniel
Systems Engineer

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen Schoenung

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of whitenight922@...<mailto:whitenight922@...>

Sorry, I should have mentioned that part too. I have the path as "\\servername\epicordata\empphoto\filename.bpm<file:///\\servername\epicordata\empphoto\filename.bpm>". I tried it with the .bpm and without and neither way is working. I tried a mapped drive too, and that isn't working either. I am refreshing after I make my changes in the preview screen in Crystal.

How exactly do you “clear” the cache?

Mike Abell

Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office:   931.432.8408
Mobile:  615.418.3055

email:  MAbell@...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sean McDaniel
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:47 PM

Sean McDaniel
Systems Engineer