PO prices resetting on release update 8.03.408b

Kunal,

I haven't taken the plunge into VB code yet... I'm just a simple hardware guy roped into the care and feeding of our Vista software beast. We're having the same issue since upgrading from v6 a couple of years ago. Is your customization something I could figure out and implement?

Thanks,

Ernie Lowell
Senior Aerospace - Sterling Machine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Kunal Ganguly <kunal_vantage@...> wrote:
>
> If I understand your problem correctly, then we have the same issue and no fix has been released yet - we discovered this in 8.03.404b and now we are on 408b. I implemented a VB customization where the price would be copied to one of the UD columns and after the "price change" operation was over, simply copy the original value back. I forget who suggested this, but it was someone on this list who advised me to do that a long while back :)
>
> Thanks,
> Kunal
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: bw2868bond <bwalker@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thu, December 10, 2009 1:48:29 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: PO prices resetting on release update 8.03.408b
>
>
> If you do a trace, do you see all rows of data being sent for update (which would indicate the change being initiated in the UI code) or just the changed line/release (indicating it is happening magically back on the db server in a table update trigger)
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "leann_37" <lmarruffo@ ..> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> > As we all know (I am sure), if you have a valid supplier price list, but change the price on a PO line to a different value, the price will flip back to price list price when you make a change to any release in the PO. (All lines flip the price back to price list price on a change to any single value on any single release) There is an SCR for this, making it look like a bug, but they are calling it an enhancement, and won't retrofit to 8.03.XXX.
> > So, naturally, our folks create price lists, then proceed to use different prices. (??) They swear it has to be this way, so there it is. I have to find a way to stop Christmas from coming. I mean, I have to find a way to keep the prices from flipping back on lines 1-85 when they change a release date on line 86. I have no idea how to do this. Epicor suggested a BPM, but it has to apply to all lines in the PO, on update of release, and prevent the process from making the change. (??)
> > As always, any ideas are appreciated, and thank you in advance!
> > - leAnn
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
All,
As we all know (I am sure), if you have a valid supplier price list, but change the price on a PO line to a different value, the price will flip back to price list price when you make a change to any release in the PO. (All lines flip the price back to price list price on a change to any single value on any single release) There is an SCR for this, making it look like a bug, but they are calling it an enhancement, and won't retrofit to 8.03.XXX.
So, naturally, our folks create price lists, then proceed to use different prices. (??) They swear it has to be this way, so there it is. I have to find a way to stop Christmas from coming. I mean, I have to find a way to keep the prices from flipping back on lines 1-85 when they change a release date on line 86. I have no idea how to do this. Epicor suggested a BPM, but it has to apply to all lines in the PO, on update of release, and prevent the process from making the change. (??)
As always, any ideas are appreciated, and thank you in advance!
- leAnn
If you do a trace, do you see all rows of data being sent for update (which would indicate the change being initiated in the UI code) or just the changed line/release (indicating it is happening magically back on the db server in a table update trigger)

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "leann_37" <lmarruffo@...> wrote:
>
> All,
> As we all know (I am sure), if you have a valid supplier price list, but change the price on a PO line to a different value, the price will flip back to price list price when you make a change to any release in the PO. (All lines flip the price back to price list price on a change to any single value on any single release) There is an SCR for this, making it look like a bug, but they are calling it an enhancement, and won't retrofit to 8.03.XXX.
> So, naturally, our folks create price lists, then proceed to use different prices. (??) They swear it has to be this way, so there it is. I have to find a way to stop Christmas from coming. I mean, I have to find a way to keep the prices from flipping back on lines 1-85 when they change a release date on line 86. I have no idea how to do this. Epicor suggested a BPM, but it has to apply to all lines in the PO, on update of release, and prevent the process from making the change. (??)
> As always, any ideas are appreciated, and thank you in advance!
> - leAnn
>
If I understand your problem correctly, then we have the same issue and no fix has been released yet - we discovered this in 8.03.404b and now we are on 408b. I implemented a VB customization where the price would be copied to one of the UD columns and after the "price change" operation was over, simply copy the original value back. I forget who suggested this, but it was someone on this list who advised me to do that a long while back :)

Thanks,
Kunal

Sent: Thu, December 10, 2009 1:48:29 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: PO prices resetting on release update 8.03.408b

If you do a trace, do you see all rows of data being sent for update (which would indicate the change being initiated in the UI code) or just the changed line/release (indicating it is happening magically back on the db server in a table update trigger)

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "leann_37" <lmarruffo@. ..> wrote:
>
> All,
> As we all know (I am sure), if you have a valid supplier price list, but change the price on a PO line to a different value, the price will flip back to price list price when you make a change to any release in the PO. (All lines flip the price back to price list price on a change to any single value on any single release) There is an SCR for this, making it look like a bug, but they are calling it an enhancement, and won't retrofit to 8.03.XXX.
> So, naturally, our folks create price lists, then proceed to use different prices. (??) They swear it has to be this way, so there it is. I have to find a way to stop Christmas from coming. I mean, I have to find a way to keep the prices from flipping back on lines 1-85 when they change a release date on line 86. I have no idea how to do this. Epicor suggested a BPM, but it has to apply to all lines in the PO, on update of release, and prevent the process from making the change. (??)
> - leAnn
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thank you! I'm thinking that's what we're going to end up doing, as well. What a drag, but better than having A/P issues!
Have a great weekend!
leAnn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Kunal Ganguly <kunal_vantage@...> wrote:
>
> If I understand your problem correctly, then we have the same issue and no fix has been released yet - we discovered this in 8.03.404b and now we are on 408b. I implemented a VB customization where the price would be copied to one of the UD columns and after the "price change" operation was over, simply copy the original value back. I forget who suggested this, but it was someone on this list who advised me to do that a long while back :)
>
> Thanks,
> Kunal
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: bw2868bond <bwalker@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thu, December 10, 2009 1:48:29 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: PO prices resetting on release update 8.03.408b
>
>
> If you do a trace, do you see all rows of data being sent for update (which would indicate the change being initiated in the UI code) or just the changed line/release (indicating it is happening magically back on the db server in a table update trigger)
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, "leann_37" <lmarruffo@ ..> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> > As we all know (I am sure), if you have a valid supplier price list, but change the price on a PO line to a different value, the price will flip back to price list price when you make a change to any release in the PO. (All lines flip the price back to price list price on a change to any single value on any single release) There is an SCR for this, making it look like a bug, but they are calling it an enhancement, and won't retrofit to 8.03.XXX.
> > So, naturally, our folks create price lists, then proceed to use different prices. (??) They swear it has to be this way, so there it is. I have to find a way to stop Christmas from coming. I mean, I have to find a way to keep the prices from flipping back on lines 1-85 when they change a release date on line 86. I have no idea how to do this. Epicor suggested a BPM, but it has to apply to all lines in the PO, on update of release, and prevent the process from making the change. (??)
> > As always, any ideas are appreciated, and thank you in advance!
> > - leAnn
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Kunal,

I think I may have sent you down this path (as we had same issues). Pleased to hear custom code enabled bahvior has survived upgrades thru 408b.

We found 404b code completely blew up with the significant changes in PO entry BOs that came about 405a (which we've stayed on) and basically had to scrap the whole thing.

Our 405a solution was to only set up qty-price break records for a handful of vendors where it matters to us. Doing so for the remaining vendors 'because we always did it that way' was simply non-value-added maintenance we were able to eliminate (and thus eliminate the unit price change - triggered by line/rel qty changes (change from an entered overridden price) that was otherwise occurring).

Rob Brown

Sent: Fri, December 11, 2009 4:37:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: PO prices resetting on release update 8.03.408b

If I understand your problem correctly, then we have the same issue and no fix has been released yet - we discovered this in 8.03.404b and now we are on 408b. I implemented a VB customization where the price would be copied to one of the UD columns and after the "price change" operation was over, simply copy the original value back. I forget who suggested this, but it was someone on this list who advised me to do that a long while back :)

Thanks,
Kunal

____________ _________ _________ __
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com

>
> All,
> - leAnn
>

Yes, thankfully the SQL database names for the fields have not changed, so this is still working. Just one of the many good ideas you have shared with this list!

Thanks,
Kunal

Sent: Sat, December 12, 2009 10:45:48 AM

Kunal,

I think I may have sent you down this path (as we had same issues). Pleased to hear custom code enabled bahvior has survived upgrades thru 408b.

We found 404b code completely blew up with the significant changes in PO entry BOs that came about 405a (which we've stayed on) and basically had to scrap the whole thing.

Our 405a solution was to only set up qty-price break records for a handful of vendors where it matters to us. Doing so for the remaining vendors 'because we always did it that way' was simply non-value-added maintenance we were able to eliminate (and thus eliminate the unit price change - triggered by line/rel qty changes (change from an entered overridden price) that was otherwise occurring).

Rob Brown

Sent: Fri, December 11, 2009 4:37:49 PM

Thanks,
Kunal

>
> All,
> - leAnn
>