PO Receipt on handheld added column

In addition to adding the table name try adding single quotes before and after the values.

"PONum = '" + po.ToString() + "' And POLine = '" + line.ToString() + "'";

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Dale the Magnificent" <dmumper1@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings.
>
> I've cobbled together code from several posts here and am pretty close to adding the PODetail.MfgPartNum field to the PO Receipt screen on the handheld. Unfortunately, I'm getting an error when the rows are loading on it. It's isolated to the call to the PODetailSearchAdapter but I can't find the error detail. When testing the form, an error box pops up stating "Unexpected error. Check appserver log for details." I've checked the server\logs\EpicorTest905.server.000003.log file but can't find any error information there.
>
> So, two questions.
> 1. Where should I be looking for the error information?
> 2. What do you think my problem is? I've got the pertinent code pasted here.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Dale.
>
> private string getMfgPartNum(Int32 po, Int32 line)
> {
> string mfgPartNum = String.Empty;
> bool recordSelectedRel;
> bool showSearch = false;
> string whereClauseRel = "PONum = " + po.ToString() + " And POLine = " + line.ToString();
> // Error occurs on this next line
> DataSet dsRelease = SearchFunctions.listLookup(HHPoReceiptForm, "PODetailSearchAdapter", out recordSelectedRel, showSearch, whereClauseRel);
> if (recordSelectedRel == true)
> {
> mfgPartNum = dsRelease.Tables[0].Rows[0]["MfgPartNum"].ToString();
> }
> return mfgPartNum;
> }
>
Greetings.

I've cobbled together code from several posts here and am pretty close to adding the PODetail.MfgPartNum field to the PO Receipt screen on the handheld. Unfortunately, I'm getting an error when the rows are loading on it. It's isolated to the call to the PODetailSearchAdapter but I can't find the error detail. When testing the form, an error box pops up stating "Unexpected error. Check appserver log for details." I've checked the server\logs\EpicorTest905.server.000003.log file but can't find any error information there.

So, two questions.
1. Where should I be looking for the error information?
2. What do you think my problem is? I've got the pertinent code pasted here.

Thanks for your help!

Dale.

private string getMfgPartNum(Int32 po, Int32 line)
{
string mfgPartNum = String.Empty;
bool recordSelectedRel;
bool showSearch = false;
string whereClauseRel = "PONum = " + po.ToString() + " And POLine = " + line.ToString();
// Error occurs on this next line
DataSet dsRelease = SearchFunctions.listLookup(HHPoReceiptForm, "PODetailSearchAdapter", out recordSelectedRel, showSearch, whereClauseRel);
if (recordSelectedRel == true)
{
mfgPartNum = dsRelease.Tables[0].Rows[0]["MfgPartNum"].ToString();
}
return mfgPartNum;
}
Your whereclause is wrong. In customization-land, "Unexpected error. Check
appserver log for details." is almost always a listlookup, boreader, or
something that is getting a bad 4gl whereclause.

Try using PODetail.PONum instead of just PONum. It may be getting angry
about an ambiguous table reference.

You can look in your logs <Your epicor folder>\Server\Logs\ and provided
your logging level is set high enough, you'll see some additional info.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Dale the Magnificent
<dmumper1@...>wrote:

> **
>
>
> Greetings.
>
> I've cobbled together code from several posts here and am pretty close to
> adding the PODetail.MfgPartNum field to the PO Receipt screen on the
> handheld. Unfortunately, I'm getting an error when the rows are loading on
> it. It's isolated to the call to the PODetailSearchAdapter but I can't find
> the error detail. When testing the form, an error box pops up stating
> "Unexpected error. Check appserver log for details." I've checked the
> server\logs\EpicorTest905.server.000003.log file but can't find any error
> information there.
>
> So, two questions.
> 1. Where should I be looking for the error information?
> 2. What do you think my problem is? I've got the pertinent code pasted
> here.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Dale.
>
> private string getMfgPartNum(Int32 po, Int32 line)
> {
> string mfgPartNum = String.Empty;
> bool recordSelectedRel;
> bool showSearch = false;
> string whereClauseRel = "PONum = " + po.ToString() + " And POLine = " +
> line.ToString();
> // Error occurs on this next line
> DataSet dsRelease = SearchFunctions.listLookup(HHPoReceiptForm,
> "PODetailSearchAdapter", out recordSelectedRel, showSearch, whereClauseRel);
> if (recordSelectedRel == true)
> {
> mfgPartNum = dsRelease.Tables[0].Rows[0]["MfgPartNum"].ToString();
> }
> return mfgPartNum;
> }
>
>
>



--
*John Driggers*
*High End Dev, System Design, Profit Drinking*
*
**:: 904.404.9233*
*:: waffqle@...*
*:: NO FAXES*

*

*


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]