Populate dropdown based on other field value

I do this using parent/child UD tables but the concept is the same, it does require a fair bit of code...

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-4832
FAX: (715)284-4084
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of pbparker
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:02 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Populate dropdown based on other field value

Hmm, I'm still a little misdirected. Can anyone tell me if this can be accomplished with the customization wizards for simple search?

Basically I need to re-create the search buttons for Job, Assembly and Operation the same way they appear on MES screens.

That or are there any samples of this type of logic laying around. I checked the answerbooks on Epicweb and went through the ICE guide.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "Karen Schoenung" <kschoenung@...> wrote:
>
> I just wanted to say "thanks" this helped me figure out part of my own customization - and I was able to find this post with the search on Yahoo (for a change).
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@> wrote:
> >
> > We are currently running Vantage 803 409C. In the past I've used the Epicombo control to bind a user defined table. Then in the EpiAppendFilters property I set up the Epicombo to filter based on another field field value in form. The filter sytax would be like:
> >
> > MktgCampaignID = '?[ShortChar03,'']'
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > David
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "pbparker" <scrumbus@> wrote:
> > >
> > > So, I'm trying to create a interface that will track tooling checked out to a job and operation and then checked back in.
> > >
> > > I've got it bound to UD02 to trace history, but what I need on the form is a way for the user to select Job/Assembly/Operation in the same way that they start a production activity where the fields are bound together and the job has the searchable capability.
> > >
> > > I'm hoping this is easy, but I have the feeling it's going to be difficult. Anyone have an example or some code that creates this relationship?
> > >
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
So, I'm trying to create a interface that will track tooling checked out to a job and operation and then checked back in.

I've got it bound to UD02 to trace history, but what I need on the form is a way for the user to select Job/Assembly/Operation in the same way that they start a production activity where the fields are bound together and the job has the searchable capability.

I'm hoping this is easy, but I have the feeling it's going to be difficult. Anyone have an example or some code that creates this relationship?
We are currently running Vantage 803 409C. In the past I've used the Epicombo control to bind a user defined table. Then in the EpiAppendFilters property I set up the Epicombo to filter based on another field field value in form. The filter sytax would be like:

MktgCampaignID = '?[ShortChar03,'']'

Hope this helps.

David

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "pbparker" <scrumbus@...> wrote:
>
> So, I'm trying to create a interface that will track tooling checked out to a job and operation and then checked back in.
>
> I've got it bound to UD02 to trace history, but what I need on the form is a way for the user to select Job/Assembly/Operation in the same way that they start a production activity where the fields are bound together and the job has the searchable capability.
>
> I'm hoping this is easy, but I have the feeling it's going to be difficult. Anyone have an example or some code that creates this relationship?
>
I just wanted to say "thanks" this helped me figure out part of my own customization - and I was able to find this post with the search on Yahoo (for a change).

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@...> wrote:
>
> We are currently running Vantage 803 409C. In the past I've used the Epicombo control to bind a user defined table. Then in the EpiAppendFilters property I set up the Epicombo to filter based on another field field value in form. The filter sytax would be like:
>
> MktgCampaignID = '?[ShortChar03,'']'
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> David
>
>
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "pbparker" <scrumbus@> wrote:
> >
> > So, I'm trying to create a interface that will track tooling checked out to a job and operation and then checked back in.
> >
> > I've got it bound to UD02 to trace history, but what I need on the form is a way for the user to select Job/Assembly/Operation in the same way that they start a production activity where the fields are bound together and the job has the searchable capability.
> >
> > I'm hoping this is easy, but I have the feeling it's going to be difficult. Anyone have an example or some code that creates this relationship?
> >
>
Hmm, I'm still a little misdirected. Can anyone tell me if this can be accomplished with the customization wizards for simple search?

Basically I need to re-create the search buttons for Job, Assembly and Operation the same way they appear on MES screens.

That or are there any samples of this type of logic laying around. I checked the answerbooks on Epicweb and went through the ICE guide.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Schoenung" <kschoenung@...> wrote:
>
> I just wanted to say "thanks" this helped me figure out part of my own customization - and I was able to find this post with the search on Yahoo (for a change).
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@> wrote:
> >
> > We are currently running Vantage 803 409C. In the past I've used the Epicombo control to bind a user defined table. Then in the EpiAppendFilters property I set up the Epicombo to filter based on another field field value in form. The filter sytax would be like:
> >
> > MktgCampaignID = '?[ShortChar03,'']'
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > David
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "pbparker" <scrumbus@> wrote:
> > >
> > > So, I'm trying to create a interface that will track tooling checked out to a job and operation and then checked back in.
> > >
> > > I've got it bound to UD02 to trace history, but what I need on the form is a way for the user to select Job/Assembly/Operation in the same way that they start a production activity where the fields are bound together and the job has the searchable capability.
> > >
> > > I'm hoping this is easy, but I have the feeling it's going to be difficult. Anyone have an example or some code that creates this relationship?
> > >
> >
>