Printing - Save Layouts

Why can’t you save layouts in the SSRS Server Printer form?

Say I want to setup the LineB computer so that the LineB printer is chosen everytime when I open this up -

I also want to setup the LineA computer so that the LineA printer is chosen everytime when I open it up…

Now this is easily accomplished in other screens by making the change and then right clicking on the form and selecting “Save Layouts”, but when you do this in the SSRS Server Printer form and then re-open it you get this error:

Every time you open this form it will now give the error. To fix this you need to restore the layout from the base.

What’s up with this?

The error detail:

Application Error

Exception caught in: mscorlib

Error Detail

Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Inner Exception Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Program: CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary
Method: InvokeMethod

Client Stack Trace

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Ice.Lib.Customization.CustomScriptMethodInvoker.InvokeScriptMethod(MethodInfo scriptMethod, Object[] parameters)
at Ice.Lib.Customization.CustomScriptMethodInvoker.InvokeInitializeGlobalVariables(CustomScriptManager customScriptManager)
at Ice.Lib.Customization.CustomScriptManager.b__f()
at Ice.Lib.Customization.CustomScriptManager.TryActionShowExceptionBoxIfException(Action action, String exceptionBoxTitle)

Inner Exception

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Inner Stack Trace

at Script.InitializeGlobalVariables(CustomScriptManager csm)

Enhancement SCR 19955 targeted to 10.x would allow for a server-side printer to be defined as default.

Reporting Framework - The list of server printers defined in Printer Maintenance (System Management > Reporting > Printer Maintenance) is presented to the end user in alphabetical order based on the printer id defined on the record.

If you’d like to have Development prioritize this enhancement request, please submit a Support case and ask the analyst to tie the case to problem PRB0114259.