Upgrading from 10.0 to 10.1 when we print an form we’ve modified (AR Invoice) we get the following error:
Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: CREATE VIEW failed because column ‘CustURL’ in view ‘RptLabels_C86E9644934841ABA7B82B50740DBB01’ exceeds the maximum of 1024 columns.
In RDD, I placed a check in all the unused (approx 200 rows) ExcludeColumn and ExcludeLabel checkboxes for the table I added in this data definition. This did not resolve the error.
Do I need to be excluding the column or the label to hopefully get below 1024?
Have you been successful with this or did you have to recreate the custom RDD?
Exclude unused columns from another table in the RDD, you just have to get below the max column count.
If you have extended UD fields on any tables included in this RDD, they are automatically added to the RDDs automatically as included.
I would check other common reports. Your current issue and the custom report location were our two big surprises post go live when we did the same upgrade.
This also happened to our site. In my case, there were additional tables added with relationships. As Nathan suggested, I excluded many of the columns from these additional tables.
Ken do you remember specifically what gave you problems with report location? All our modified reports are in a CustomReports folder separate from the default reports.
Ours were not in the custom folder. Think that 10.1 forces that.
In our site, the upgrade to 10.1 did not move/copy the custom reports from the old website. We had to download and upload the reports from to http://rsi-sql/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx. EpicorTest10> Reports> CustomReports>. Also, we had to de-install the Report Builder and reinstall it from the new site. This allowed us to edit /modify the reports from the new server site.
Be sure to test all your custom reports and especially ones with custom sub-reports.
In the 10.1 ARForm(default RDD not my modified) there are 22 Data Sources. I copied into Excel all the rows from Exclusions tab for each of the data sources. From all 22 data sources there are 2,745 rows where ‘ExcludeColumn’ is not checked.
In my modified RDD from 10.0 I have 23 data sources with 2,205 rows where ‘ExcludeColumn’ is not checked.
I guess I am not understanding. Epicor’s default 10.1 Invoice data definition is including more columns than my 10.0 definition and they both include more than 1024 columns.
Brad, how did you ever resolve this? Did you keep EXCLUDING columns until you got down to less than 1,024, or was there something else that resolved it for you?
Sorry for the delayed response, but excluding columns did not work. I spent too much time trying. I ended up sharpening my ssrs and data definition modifications by recreating the data definitions from the base definition.
For future reference as another option:
As i was looking for info on this error. i was able to get it to work by excluding about 10 columns from the RDD. I would print preview the report and go to the system monitor. it would throw an error saying
Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: CREATE VIEW failed because column ‘PartOptionSelList’ in view ‘RptLabels_2C37C020F1034AF88A93DF0D56022181’ exceeds the maximum of 1024 columns.
i would then look for the column under one of the tables and exclude them. There was one where the label was excluded and i had to uncheck. i did this for about 10 columns and the report finally worked!
I fell into the trap of providing the same intuitive advice as the others here on another post without truly investigating AR Invoice. There appears to be an oversight / (possible enhancement opportunity) related to AR Invoice CSF I mention here: AR Form Error - #8 by josephmoeller