Process MRP default customization

Wow, once again you have educated me this week Rob! I didn't realize there was any way to get at the Epicor controls (non-custom) from the Scripts you write in code customization. Going to save this to my tipsntricks file for sure.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:
>
> Private Sub ReportForm_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As EventArgs)
> ' Add Event Handler Code
> Dim cFinite As EpiCheckBox = ctype(csm.GetNativeControlReference("39f9e004-19e8-4e6b-995c-b30cf4e5a728"),EpiCheckBox)
> Dim cMaterials As EpiCheckBox = ctype(csm.GetNativeControlReference("cf55f03a-f8f9-43b3-89b3-e42fdbeed624"),EpiCheckBox)
> cFinite.Checked = false
> cMaterials.Checked = true
>
>
> End Sub
>
I am wanting to change the defaults on the checkboxes for the 'Process MRP' screen, but am having a bit of a coding brain fart. This is my first foray into modifying the form load event, and am not quite seeing the right way to do it yet, so I turn to the gurus on here for help :)

I have modified the form load event a couple of times, the first time, just trying this:

chkFiniteScheduling.Checked = false
chkIgnoreMaterials.Checked = true

That gave me an error about those 2 variables not being declared, so I tried changing them to:

sender.chkFiniteScheduling.Checked = false
sender.chkIgnoreMaterials.Checked = true

which threw an exception

Inner Exception
===============
Public member 'chkFiniteScheduling' on type 'ReportForm' not found.

So any thoughts on this issue, and the correct way to fix it? I looked in the Tools guide, but didn't really find a clear explanation. Thanks in advance!
Forgot to say I am on Vantage 8.03.409C currently

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Millsaps" <paulm@...> wrote:
>
> I am wanting to change the defaults on the checkboxes for the 'Process MRP' screen, but am having a bit of a coding brain fart. This is my first foray into modifying the form load event, and am not quite seeing the right way to do it yet, so I turn to the gurus on here for help :)
>
> I have modified the form load event a couple of times, the first time, just trying this:
>
> chkFiniteScheduling.Checked = false
> chkIgnoreMaterials.Checked = true
>
> That gave me an error about those 2 variables not being declared, so I tried changing them to:
>
> sender.chkFiniteScheduling.Checked = false
> sender.chkIgnoreMaterials.Checked = true
>
> which threw an exception
>
> Inner Exception
> ===============
> Public member 'chkFiniteScheduling' on type 'ReportForm' not found.
>
>
> So any thoughts on this issue, and the correct way to fix it? I looked in the Tools guide, but didn't really find a clear explanation. Thanks in advance!
>
Private Sub ReportForm_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As EventArgs)
' Add Event Handler Code
Dim cFinite As EpiCheckBox = ctype(csm.GetNativeControlReference("39f9e004-19e8-4e6b-995c-b30cf4e5a728"),EpiCheckBox)
Dim cMaterials As EpiCheckBox = ctype(csm.GetNativeControlReference("cf55f03a-f8f9-43b3-89b3-e42fdbeed624"),EpiCheckBox)
cFinite.Checked = false
cMaterials.Checked = true

End Sub

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Millsaps
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 1:37 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Process MRP default customization

I am wanting to change the defaults on the checkboxes for the 'Process MRP' screen, but am having a bit of a coding brain fart. This is my first foray into modifying the form load event, and am not quite seeing the right way to do it yet, so I turn to the gurus on here for help :)

I have modified the form load event a couple of times, the first time, just trying this:

chkFiniteScheduling.Checked = false
chkIgnoreMaterials.Checked = true

That gave me an error about those 2 variables not being declared, so I tried changing them to:

sender.chkFiniteScheduling.Checked = false
sender.chkIgnoreMaterials.Checked = true

which threw an exception

Inner Exception
===============
Public member 'chkFiniteScheduling' on type 'ReportForm' not found.

So any thoughts on this issue, and the correct way to fix it? I looked in the Tools guide, but didn't really find a clear explanation. Thanks in advance!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thank you very much. With that example, I think I can also figure out the correct procedures for any other changes I need to make. I plugged it in, and it is already working. Thanks!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:
>
> Private Sub ReportForm_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As EventArgs)
> ' Add Event Handler Code
> Dim cFinite As EpiCheckBox = ctype(csm.GetNativeControlReference("39f9e004-19e8-4e6b-995c-b30cf4e5a728"),EpiCheckBox)
> Dim cMaterials As EpiCheckBox = ctype(csm.GetNativeControlReference("cf55f03a-f8f9-43b3-89b3-e42fdbeed624"),EpiCheckBox)
> cFinite.Checked = false
> cMaterials.Checked = true
>
>
> End Sub
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Millsaps
> Sent: Friday, May 10, 2013 1:37 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Process MRP default customization
>
>
>
> I am wanting to change the defaults on the checkboxes for the 'Process MRP' screen, but am having a bit of a coding brain fart. This is my first foray into modifying the form load event, and am not quite seeing the right way to do it yet, so I turn to the gurus on here for help :)
>
> I have modified the form load event a couple of times, the first time, just trying this:
>
> chkFiniteScheduling.Checked = false
> chkIgnoreMaterials.Checked = true
>
> That gave me an error about those 2 variables not being declared, so I tried changing them to:
>
> sender.chkFiniteScheduling.Checked = false
> sender.chkIgnoreMaterials.Checked = true
>
> which threw an exception
>
> Inner Exception
> ===============
> Public member 'chkFiniteScheduling' on type 'ReportForm' not found.
>
> So any thoughts on this issue, and the correct way to fix it? I looked in the Tools guide, but didn't really find a clear explanation. Thanks in advance!
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>