Production Planner Workbench

Epicor version: 9.05.701

Referring to the orange line in the screenshot below…what reasons would the “available”, “consumed” and “required qty” fields not actually populate numbers?
I’ve checked that there is a BOM referring to part number H138A, and there is.

Does a conversion need to be ran?

Many thanks in advance.

bump

What does you Job look like?
This dashboard is using the table PPlanMtl.
Ref below from the data dictionary…

Required Quantity per END ITEM. This is a calculated field. Calculated as (Parent Required Qty X QtyPer) + calculated Scrap. The parent quantity is either the JobHead.ProdQty if JobMtl.AssemblySeq = 0 or (JobAsmbl.RequireQty - JobAsmbl.PullQty) if JobMtl.AssemblySeq > 0.

I should have pointed out earlier, this occurrence seems to be for most jobs, not just the one I’ve indicated…(so the columns available, consumed and required just don’t seem to populate in the workbench).

We’ve had problems with material requirements being spotty when user adds more materials to a job that had been scheduled once and then didn’t reschedule the job. The materials have demand with no demand date in timephase. Could this be your problem in planning workbench? Does timephase look the same for the missing parts as the parts that have appropriate data complete?

Nancy, when a person adds a material to the job, they need to reschedule to populate the Req Date of the Job Mtl. We did not want to re-schedule because it throws off the start date, especially if the start date is in the past. We dont allow past dates on jobs. We created a BPM DIrective for the that.

We use the planner workbench and it is flaky at times. If the job has a past due Req date, it sometimes pick it up. We recently were missing shortages on the PPWB and when the buyer updated their PO by pushing out the date, the shortage started showing up. It is a good resource, but not always accurate.

FIND FIRST ttjobmtl WHERE (ttjobmtl.rowmod = ‘A’ OR ttjobmtl.rowmod = ‘U’) EXCLUSIVE-LOCK NO-ERROR.
IF avail ttjobmtl THEN DO:
IF ttjobmtl.RelatedOperation > 0 THEN DO:
FIND FIRST joboper WHERE (joboper.Company = ttjobmtl.Company AND joboper.JobNum = ttjobmtl.JobNum AND joboper.AssemblySeq = ttjobmtl.AssemblySeq AND joboper.OprSeq = ttjobmtl.RelatedOperation) NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.
IF avail joboper THEN DO:
assign ttjobmtl.ReqDate = joboper.StartDate.
END.
END.
IF ttjobmtl.RelatedOperation = 0 THEN DO:
FIND FIRST joboper WHERE (joboper.Company = ttjobmtl.Company AND joboper.JobNum = ttjobmtl.JobNum AND joboper.AssemblySeq = ttjobmtl.AssemblySeq AND joboper.OprSeq = 10) NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.
IF avail joboper THEN DO:
assign ttjobmtl.ReqDate = joboper.StartDate.
END.
END.
FIND FIRST PartDtl where PartDtl.Company = cur-comp AND
PartDtl.JobNum = ttJobMtl.JobNum AND
PartDtl.PartNum = ttJobMtl.PartNum AND
PartDtl.RevisionNum = ttJobMtl.RevisionNum AND
PartDtl.AssemblySeq = ttJobMtl.AssemblySeq AND
PartDtl.JobSeq = ttJobMtl.MtlSeq
EXCLUSIVE-LOCK NO-ERROR.

IF available(PartDtl) THEN DO:
PartDtl.DueDate = ttJobMtl.ReqDate.
END.
RELEASE PartDtl.
END.

RELEASE ttJobMtl.

1 Like

Screenshot of Time Phase Inquiry below:

I’ve just re-scheduled it and it made no difference to the “available”, “consumed” and “required qty” numbers in production planner workbench. (still all zeros).

I wonder if your different warehouses are coming into acct. I see on the job screenshot you are pulling from FIG00 warehouse but your PPWB shows part availability information for Main warehouse. Could it be that the PPWB only shows materials that would pull from job warehouse being made to or something silly like that?

good point (our FIGOO represents the finished goods warehouse)…i’ll try and do some digging to fine out