Progress 9.1 | No Activity Report

I am trying to create a report that will show me all the parts that did not have a transaction for 2 years or longer. I tried using the MAXIMUM function on the TRANDATE, I don’t think that is what i am looking for. Any direction is much appreciated.

Hi Andrew,

In V8 it is a little trickier because of the limitations in the query system. You can create a query using the LAST record in the parttran table for each part using an outer join. Then filter with a cutoff date in crystal. You should be able to pass that cutoff date to crystal with one of the option fields in the BAQ report designer.

Ross

Andrew,

Here is an example that I did many years ago for V8. It should be plug and play and will hopefully get you going. It has dynamic grouping options and uses an option field to pass the cutoff date to Crystal.

You should be able to edit this as needed.

Ross

I was trying to send a zip file but it didn’t come through. Here are the xml and rpt files. Let’s see if they work.

Ross

SlowMovingInv.xml (8.75 KB)

01-SlowMovingInv.xml (85.7 KB)

We have deliberately elected to not support zip files because of the potential dangers that poses to a recipients workstation and/or networks. Thanks for your understanding.

Rob

No problem, I get it.

Are we blocking RPT files?

Ross

It doesn’t look like RPT files are coming through so if you want that file let me know your email and I can send it direct.

Ross

i guess we were, i fixed that.

Great, thanks.

Andrew, here are the files.

Let me know how it goes.

Ross

SlowMovingInv.xml (8.75 KB)

01-SlowMovingInv.xml (85.7 KB)

SlowMovingInv.rpt (49 KB)

1 Like

We are still on 6.1 using Report Builder. I may have figured it out. I used the MAXIMUM when creating an aggregate. Before I was using MAXIMUM in calculated fields. It shows the largest date for that record. Thanks for your assistance.