Progress -B Setting

That's correct. 32 bit Open Edge/Progress has a 2GB limit for shared memory access for all processes.

Michael Barry
Aspacia Systems Inc
312.803.0730 fax
http://www.aspacia.com/

On Jun 27, 2011, at 6:53 PM, bw2868bond wrote:

> That is pretty much it - supposedly 32 bit windows has a 2 Gb shared memory limit although I cant get the appserver to start if I cache more than around 875 Meg of the db....
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We are running Vantage 8.03 406A with a 10 GB Progress database. I've been trying to increase database performance by increasing the -B buffer size above it's current setting of 180000. When I change this setting the database will start, but the database appserver will not. Is there a way I can increase the -B setting or is this the highest it will go?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > David Pfiester
> > NuStep, Inc.
> > dpfiester@...
> > 734-709-1012
> >
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi All,

We are running Vantage 8.03 406A with a 10 GB Progress database. I've been trying to increase database performance by increasing the -B buffer size above it's current setting of 180000. When I change this setting the database will start, but the database appserver will not. Is there a way I can increase the -B setting or is this the highest it will go?

Thanks,
David Pfiester
NuStep, Inc.
dpfiester@...
734-709-1012
That is pretty much it - supposedly 32 bit windows has a 2 Gb shared memory limit although I cant get the appserver to start if I cache more than around 875 Meg of the db....

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "nustepvantage" <dpfiester@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> We are running Vantage 8.03 406A with a 10 GB Progress database. I've been trying to increase database performance by increasing the -B buffer size above it's current setting of 180000. When I change this setting the database will start, but the database appserver will not. Is there a way I can increase the -B setting or is this the highest it will go?
>
> Thanks,
> David Pfiester
> NuStep, Inc.
> dpfiester@...
> 734-709-1012
>