PublishEx.i and PublishInfoMsg.i

Sweet, Thanks for the info Jose.  That will be really helpful going forward.

-Bobby
Hi All,

I’ve been using PublishEx.i and PublishInfoMsg.i for some time now to raise exceptions and alert users in BPMs.
However, each time I use them, I find myself always referring back to previous examples to remember the syntax.
That’s largely due to not fully understanding the syntax.

For example, sometimes I see the call to these with a dot/period at the end of the line and other times I do not.
Sometimes I see use of {&THROW_PUBLIC} and sometime I don’t.

I always get what I want to work but it would be nice to have a better understanding of how to properly call these alerts and proper syntax.
Does anyone have a reference for this or be willing to explain?

Joe Rojas | Director of Information Technology | Mats Inc
dir: 781-573-0291 | cell: 781-408-9278 | fax: 781-232-5191

addr: 37 Shuman Ave | Stoughton | Ma | 02072-3734
jrojas@... | www.matsinc.com
Ask us about our clean, green and beautiful matting and flooring

[cid:bb648e.png@4b159edf.4eb5eced]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Joe, 
Did you ever find anything on this? I find myself in the same situation, always looking up examples and trying to figure out the proper syntax for a Info or exception message. 

Thanks, 
Bobby
I did not. I use OneNote to store all my coding examples. I just end up referring to it when I need to.

addr: 179 Campanelli Pkwy | Stoughton | MA | 02072-3734
jrojas@... | www.matsinc.com

[cid:bbab5a.png@c0ac2fcf.4eb72647]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:49 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: PublishEx.i and PublishInfoMsg.i

Joe,
Did you ever find anything on this? I find myself in the same situation, always looking up examples and trying to figure out the proper syntax for a Info or exception message.

Thanks,
Bobby

PublishInfoMsg takes 2 parameters the message text and the severity
{lib/PublishInfoMsg.i &InfoMsg = "'text'" Â &InfoSeverity = {&MESSAGE_INFO}}Â

The severety can be WARNING , ERROR or Update_CONFLICT

Warning is just a messagebox

ERROR throws a physicall exception

Update_CONFLIC I've never used
&InfoSeverity = {&MESSAGE_WARN} //default
&InfoSeverity = {&MESSAGE_ERR}Â
&InfoSeverity = {&message_UpdateConflict}Â

You can also force it to throw an exception by running it like a normal warning and then calling THROW Private {&THROW_PRIVATE}.Â

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Joe Rojas jrojas@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>I did not. I use OneNote to store all my coding examples. I just end up referring to it when I need to.

addr: 179 Campanelli Pkwy | Stoughton | MA | 02072-3734

jrojas@… | www.matsinc.com

[cid:bbab5a.png@c0ac2fcf.4eb72647]

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]

Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:49 AM

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com

Subject: [Vantage] Re: PublishEx.i and PublishInfoMsg.i

Joe,

Thanks,
Bobby

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>