Purchase Order Entry- Confirmation/Approval checkbox have no imp

I would look at why the p.o. approval process takes a week 1st. if that is just the way it is or considered acceptable, I would certainly date the p.o. out to a future date or have a specific date that planning will understand is a unconfirmed and/or unacknowledged purchase order and upon conformation and acknowledgement move to a real date.

We enter a p.o. have it approved for pricing, send to the supplier and have price and delivery acknowledged. Most of the time before a p.o. is sent to a supplier a purchaser will have already contacted the vendor so what is on the p.o. is usually close.

BILL R. KING
(806).776.4409 Office
(806).749.7119 Fax
(254).592.4397 Cell

Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:25 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Purchase Order Entry- Confirmation/Approval checkbox have no impact to timephase

If this is the way things are supposed to work, how are you dealing with the approval process for POs? If a PO approval takes a week, what is stopping the system from treating those parts as available? Is the solution to do PO approval outside of Vantage or move the due date to the future as someone else suggested? I hate the idea of working outside of the system or doing small workarounds, but is that what everyone is doing as part of their PO process?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Bill King <bking@...> wrote:
>
> As soon as the supply is entered into the system the p.o. will show on time phase. This is not a huge problem for us, but we do have a process in place that when a p.o. date or qty is changed demand against it is reviewed. This is just mrp at any system I ever been a part of.
>
>
>
> BILL R. KING
> (806).776.4409 Office
> (806).749.7119 Fax
> (254).592.4397 Cell
>
> ________________________________
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of rob.sample@...
> Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:04 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Purchase Order Entry- Confirmation/Approval checkbox have no impact to timephase
>
>
>
> If no one else has this problem, how are other people dealing with the purchase order process? What are we doing wrong? Some help here would be greatly appreciated as there is a lot of hand holding between planning and purchasing that is slowing us down.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, rob.sample@ wrote:
> >
> > Once a purchase order for a stock item is created in the system and saved (unapproved and unconfirmed), the parts are showing as "available" in the timephase. Am I doing something wrong? Why would unapproved and unconfirmed purchase orders show on the time phase with no exception message?
> >
> > We have had a number of instances where planning has created jobs based on the dates in the timephase but POs were rejected by the signing authority or the supplier has come back with a new date. As a result, planning needs to redo all impacted jobs and this is them to lose faith in the timephase and are starting to question every date in the system before scheduling builds.
> >
> > How are other people dealing with this? All I want to do is have a way to generate a PO in the system and not have it show as available parts to the planning team until the supplier has confirmed the date and the PO has been approved.
> >
> > We are using 8.03.408B
> >
> > Rob
> >
>
>
> The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
> We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
>
> This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
> the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
> may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
> privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
> (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
> immediately if this is an electronic communication.
>
> Thank you.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Once a purchase order for a stock item is created in the system and saved (unapproved and unconfirmed), the parts are showing as "available" in the timephase. Am I doing something wrong? Why would unapproved and unconfirmed purchase orders show on the time phase with no exception message?

We have had a number of instances where planning has created jobs based on the dates in the timephase but POs were rejected by the signing authority or the supplier has come back with a new date. As a result, planning needs to redo all impacted jobs and this is them to lose faith in the timephase and are starting to question every date in the system before scheduling builds.

How are other people dealing with this? All I want to do is have a way to generate a PO in the system and not have it show as available parts to the planning team until the supplier has confirmed the date and the PO has been approved.

We are using 8.03.408B

Rob
If no one else has this problem, how are other people dealing with the purchase order process? What are we doing wrong? Some help here would be greatly appreciated as there is a lot of hand holding between planning and purchasing that is slowing us down.

Thanks,
Rob

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, rob.sample@... wrote:
>
> Once a purchase order for a stock item is created in the system and saved (unapproved and unconfirmed), the parts are showing as "available" in the timephase. Am I doing something wrong? Why would unapproved and unconfirmed purchase orders show on the time phase with no exception message?
>
> We have had a number of instances where planning has created jobs based on the dates in the timephase but POs were rejected by the signing authority or the supplier has come back with a new date. As a result, planning needs to redo all impacted jobs and this is them to lose faith in the timephase and are starting to question every date in the system before scheduling builds.
>
> How are other people dealing with this? All I want to do is have a way to generate a PO in the system and not have it show as available parts to the planning team until the supplier has confirmed the date and the PO has been approved.
>
> We are using 8.03.408B
>
> Rob
>
As soon as the supply is entered into the system the p.o. will show on time phase. This is not a huge problem for us, but we do have a process in place that when a p.o. date or qty is changed demand against it is reviewed. This is just mrp at any system I ever been a part of.

BILL R. KING
(806).776.4409 Office
(806).749.7119 Fax
(254).592.4397 Cell

Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:04 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Purchase Order Entry- Confirmation/Approval checkbox have no impact to timephase

If no one else has this problem, how are other people dealing with the purchase order process? What are we doing wrong? Some help here would be greatly appreciated as there is a lot of hand holding between planning and purchasing that is slowing us down.

Thanks,
Rob

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, rob.sample@... wrote:
>
> Once a purchase order for a stock item is created in the system and saved (unapproved and unconfirmed), the parts are showing as "available" in the timephase. Am I doing something wrong? Why would unapproved and unconfirmed purchase orders show on the time phase with no exception message?
>
> We have had a number of instances where planning has created jobs based on the dates in the timephase but POs were rejected by the signing authority or the supplier has come back with a new date. As a result, planning needs to redo all impacted jobs and this is them to lose faith in the timephase and are starting to question every date in the system before scheduling builds.
>
> How are other people dealing with this? All I want to do is have a way to generate a PO in the system and not have it show as available parts to the planning team until the supplier has confirmed the date and the PO has been approved.
>
> We are using 8.03.408B
>
> Rob
>

The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.

This is a work around, but how about setting the PO due Date to far out in
the future until it is confirmed?

--
Randy Weber
weber.randy@...
(651) 263-1811

http://randallweber.com/

If this is the way things are supposed to work, how are you dealing with the approval process for POs? If a PO approval takes a week, what is stopping the system from treating those parts as available? Is the solution to do PO approval outside of Vantage or move the due date to the future as someone else suggested? I hate the idea of working outside of the system or doing small workarounds, but is that what everyone is doing as part of their PO process?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Bill King <bking@...> wrote:
>
> As soon as the supply is entered into the system the p.o. will show on time phase. This is not a huge problem for us, but we do have a process in place that when a p.o. date or qty is changed demand against it is reviewed. This is just mrp at any system I ever been a part of.
>
>
>
> BILL R. KING
> (806).776.4409 Office
> (806).749.7119 Fax
> (254).592.4397 Cell
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rob.sample@...
> Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:04 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Purchase Order Entry- Confirmation/Approval checkbox have no impact to timephase
>
>
>
> If no one else has this problem, how are other people dealing with the purchase order process? What are we doing wrong? Some help here would be greatly appreciated as there is a lot of hand holding between planning and purchasing that is slowing us down.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, rob.sample@ wrote:
> >
> > Once a purchase order for a stock item is created in the system and saved (unapproved and unconfirmed), the parts are showing as "available" in the timephase. Am I doing something wrong? Why would unapproved and unconfirmed purchase orders show on the time phase with no exception message?
> >
> > We have had a number of instances where planning has created jobs based on the dates in the timephase but POs were rejected by the signing authority or the supplier has come back with a new date. As a result, planning needs to redo all impacted jobs and this is them to lose faith in the timephase and are starting to question every date in the system before scheduling builds.
> >
> > How are other people dealing with this? All I want to do is have a way to generate a PO in the system and not have it show as available parts to the planning team until the supplier has confirmed the date and the PO has been approved.
> >
> > We are using 8.03.408B
> >
> > Rob
> >
>
>
> The information contained in this message is intended solely for the individual to whom it is specifically and originally addressed. This message and its contents may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure or distribution, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited.
> We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
>
> This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
> the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
> may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
> privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
> applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
> communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
> (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
> immediately if this is an electronic communication.
>
> Thank you.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>