Question on using Epicor Replication Server against Progress DB

Short answer is no.

You can't easily run the built-in reports against the replicated DB. It might be possible to trick
it into running against the replicated db, but it would be quite complicated to setup.

Also, replication is near real-time, not scheduled. Your replicated data should not be noticeably
behind your live data.

Brian Johnson -- Epi-Center <http://epi-ctr.com>
Director of Technical Services | direct: 413-531-2859

On 05/09/2011 07:54 PM, pcivantage wrote:
>
> Trying to get around dog slow reports in E9.05.604..
>
> If I set up Epicor Replication Server to replicate the data to a SQL instance, could we then run
> things like the Inventory WIP/Recon Report against that SQL DB with little trouble? Of course,
> there is a replication schedule to set up so we would be a little off of "Live" data but we can
> live with that for this report.
>
> My question is, does it replicate the DB Field names over so in the Crystal Report, we could just
> update the datasource to point to the ODBC or would it require a ton of work to reformat that
> whole report?
>
> Comments welcomed.
>
> Regards,
>
> George Hicks
> Pacific Consolidated Industries
> Riverside, CA
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Trying to get around dog slow reports in E9.05.604..

If I set up Epicor Replication Server to replicate the data to a SQL instance, could we then run things like the Inventory WIP/Recon Report against that SQL DB with little trouble? Of course, there is a replication schedule to set up so we would be a little off of "Live" data but we can live with that for this report.

My question is, does it replicate the DB Field names over so in the Crystal Report, we could just update the datasource to point to the ODBC or would it require a ton of work to reformat that whole report?

Comments welcomed.

Regards,

George Hicks
Pacific Consolidated Industries
Riverside, CA