Quote Rating Blank Title 71668

Thx Chris,

I guess I'm the crazy one (working at 1 am) and should go to bed before the divorce lawyer serves me with papers :)

Rob

--- On Sat, 12/6/08, Chris Robisch <bluewine@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Vantage] Quote Rating
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008, 12:57 AM

SCR 58293 was issued as a result of our incident detailing how to enter a Quote with a discounted Sales Kit Component in the Training database and the standard Vantage Quote Form doesn't total it properly. Sales Kits are in a Crystal subreport but the total is in the main report.

And it's only 10:00 here :)

----- Original Message -----
To: <vantage@yahoogroups .com>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:48 PM

GREAT stuff Chris.

Many thinks for the tips that will likely help to shorten our learning curve.

We use customer price lists also. I don't really get your ref to 58293. (What's the issue and what will 58293 do to resolve it?)

Thanks again... and WHY are we up at nearly 1 am reading/writing Vantage emails on a Friday night? {:o

Rob

--- On Sat, 12/6/08, Chris Robisch <bluewine@san. rr.com> wrote:
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008, 12:34 AM

Here's some of our grievances with Quoting...

Discounting components on Component-priced Sales Kit doesn't total properly on the standard quote form... SCR 58293 (unscheduled as yet.)

Duplicating a quote doesn't duplicate the quantities. Try explaining that to your sales force.

Quote Revisions: well, they have a parent quote field. So you could use a custom field for a Rev. If both parent quote and rev is filled in, you got a quote revision. All done manually, of course.

No subtotaling built in... you have to customize a field for grouping and subtotaling on the forms.

No rearranging of quote lines. It'd be nice to fill in the group and sort by that group. Also be nice to move lines up/down without using the display sequence.

Create a quote... guess who's the salesman? Not the salesman of the customer, but the salesman on the territory. We use salesman as territory to get around this one.

Sometimes we quote and receive the PO from a different company. So we convert the quote to the order and change the customer on the order. It gets the salesman from the new customer, not the quote's salesman who deserves the commission. So we have to change the salesman on the order.

It'd be nice to refresh a quote... which would update part descriptions and prices. Think of a quote you did a year ago, customer wants another quote, but prices have changed etc. You have to go into each line yourself and fake a part number change to refresh. Alternatively, you could export the lines from the original quote and import into the new one. This is what we do.

But some good news... we use Customer Price Lists exclusively. They work very well for our business. Some discount from List... some are above List and then we discount on the Quote, showing the discounts. And that's why we need 58293.

To: <vantage@yahoogroup s .com>

Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 7:49 PM

Vic,

We just started playing around with Quotes (frankly - sales/marketing seems to prefer the free-for-all and lack of traceability that not having a formal quote process currently affords them - but we see heavy internal potential for new product design/intro processes with its ties to Project Management & ability to construct methods for non-part master prototypes on the fly) - so I'm not extremely familiar with Quoting yet.

I don't have the app form in front of me - but the field I THINK you are referring to is essentially intended to enter confidence levels of receiving an order related to the the quote. When used, it has ties to CRM and sales projection (forecasting) processes.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Are you (or any one out there ) heavy users of Quotes? The native app seems pretty solid with two glaring exceptions:

(1) Lack of support for quote revisions.

(2) The bias of generating quote line details (say copied from a part method and then slightly edited to result in new configuration) that mimics job detail generation - All Pull/View as assembly levels are exploded thru & 'flattened out' as they are in job detail generation (rather than retention of the structures - for editing purposes better mimicking multi-level method development as Eng WB provides).

Is this an issue with any one else, and, if so, have you developed work arounds?

I'm also questioning if we have the freedom to select WHICH cost (Std or Ave) of a component part (that is a real Part Entry part) independently of how that part is defined to be cost valued. (Not a huge deal - but be a selling point to get sales/marketing on board.)

???

Sorry Vic... You asked one thing and got 3 questions as a response. Hope I at least wasn't totally off base and helped you with yours.

Rob

--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Vic Drecchio <vic.drecchio@ timco.aero> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Quote Rating

Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:10 AM

Anybody have a clue what this does, how it's used, etc?

I see nothing in the help file.

Quote Entry \ Summary screen. Rating is in the top right corner.

Thank you in advance!

Vic Drecchio

ERP Administrator

TIMCO Aviation Services

Greensboro, NC

Email: vic.drecchio@ timco.aero

Office: x3091

Mobile:

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------ --------- --------- ------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )

(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ files/.

(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ messages

(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ linksYahoo! Groups Links

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/vantage/ linksYahoo! Groups Links

Thank you in advance!

Vic Drecchio
ERP Administrator

TIMCO Aviation Services
Greensboro, NC
Email: vic.drecchio@...
Office: 336.668.4410 x3091
Mobile: 704.530.3092

Vic,

We just started playing around with Quotes (frankly - sales/marketing seems to prefer the free-for-all and lack of traceability that not having a formal quote process currently affords them - but we see heavy internal potential for new product design/intro processes with its ties to Project Management & ability to construct methods for non-part master prototypes on the fly) - so I'm not extremely familiar with Quoting yet.

I don't have the app form in front of me - but the field I THINK you are referring to is essentially intended to enter confidence levels of receiving an order related to the the quote. When used, it has ties to CRM and sales projection (forecasting) processes.

Are you (or any one out there ) heavy users of Quotes? The native app seems pretty solid with two glaring exceptions:

(2) The bias of generating quote line details (say copied from a part method and then slightly edited to result in new configuration) that mimics job detail generation - All Pull/View as assembly levels are exploded thru & 'flattened out' as they are in job detail generation (rather than retention of the structures - for editing purposes better mimicking multi-level method development as Eng WB provides).

Is this an issue with any one else, and, if so, have you developed work arounds?

I'm also questioning if we have the freedom to select WHICH cost (Std or Ave) of a component part (that is a real Part Entry part) independently of how that part is defined to be cost valued. (Not a huge deal - but be a selling point to get sales/marketing on board.)

???

Sorry Vic... You asked one thing and got 3 questions as a response. Hope I at least wasn't totally off base and helped you with yours.

Rob

--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Vic Drecchio <vic.drecchio@...> wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Vic Drecchio

ERP Administrator

TIMCO Aviation Services

Greensboro, NC

Mobile:

Discounting components on Component-priced Sales Kit doesn't total properly on the standard quote form... SCR 58293 (unscheduled as yet.)

Duplicating a quote doesn't duplicate the quantities. Try explaining that to your sales force.

Quote Revisions: well, they have a parent quote field. So you could use a custom field for a Rev. If both parent quote and rev is filled in, you got a quote revision. All done manually, of course.

No subtotaling built in... you have to customize a field for grouping and subtotaling on the forms.

No rearranging of quote lines. It'd be nice to fill in the group and sort by that group. Also be nice to move lines up/down without using the display sequence.

Create a quote... guess who's the salesman? Not the salesman of the customer, but the salesman on the territory. We use salesman as territory to get around this one.

Sometimes we quote and receive the PO from a different company. So we convert the quote to the order and change the customer on the order. It gets the salesman from the new customer, not the quote's salesman who deserves the commission. So we have to change the salesman on the order.

It'd be nice to refresh a quote... which would update part descriptions and prices. Think of a quote you did a year ago, customer wants another quote, but prices have changed etc. You have to go into each line yourself and fake a part number change to refresh. Alternatively, you could export the lines from the original quote and import into the new one. This is what we do.

But some good news... we use Customer Price Lists exclusively. They work very well for our business. Some discount from List... some are above List and then we discount on the Quote, showing the discounts. And that's why we need 58293.

To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>

Vic,

???

Rob

--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Vic Drecchio <vic.drecchio@...> wrote:

Thank you in advance!

Vic Drecchio

ERP Administrator

TIMCO Aviation Services

Greensboro, NC

Mobile:

------------------------------------

(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links

GREAT stuff Chris.

We use customer price lists also. I don't really get your ref to 58293. (What's the issue and what will 58293 do to resolve it?)

Thanks again... and WHY are we up at nearly 1 am reading/writing Vantage emails on a Friday night? {:o

Rob

Vic,

???

Rob

Thank you in advance!

Vic Drecchio

ERP Administrator

TIMCO Aviation Services

Greensboro, NC

Mobile:

SCR 58293 was issued as a result of our incident detailing how to enter a Quote with a discounted Sales Kit Component in the Training database and the standard Vantage Quote Form doesn't total it properly. Sales Kits are in a Crystal subreport but the total is in the main report.

And it's only 10:00 here :)

To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:48 PM

GREAT stuff Chris.

Rob

Vic,

???

Rob

Thank you in advance!

Vic Drecchio

ERP Administrator

TIMCO Aviation Services

Greensboro, NC

Mobile:

------------------------------------

(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links