Reading Barcodes from Crystal

The printer is a 203dpi device and supports mechanical adjustment of the head pressure on the label stock. I have gotten the scanner to read the label now by increasing the font size of the barcode from 14 to 22 point and gradually increasing the head pressure. Looking at the labels printed it is obvious that some of the narrower lines were almost indistinguishable before or there weren't enough dots on the stock to be consistent from the top to the bottom of the barcode. It is better now and the scanner picks it up with no adjustment to it. Thanks to all. -Karl

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 11:18 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Reading Barcodes from Crystal

Â
> The scanner may need to be setup to read DataWorks 39
You might try checking the nice setup docs one of the forum users uploaded:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/Barcoding/

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karen Schoenung <kschoenung@...> wrote:
>
> The scanner may need to be setup to read DataWorks 39...One of our locations had the read happening, but the tabs were translated as the number 4 until the scanner was setup to scan the font DataWorks 39.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karl Dash
> Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:25 AM
> To: Vantage Group
> Subject: [Vantage] Reading Barcodes from Crystal
>
>
>
> I am printing barcodes in Crystal using the formula: "*"+{PartLot.LotNum}+"*" or "*"+{PartLot.PartNum}+"*" using 14-point DataWorks Bar 39. The field is not bolded, italicized or undelined. Still, trying to scan the resultant barcode into Excel, yields nothing. It cannot read the code. I tried other known good barcodes and the scanner can read them, so the scanner is OK. Anything else I am missing here? The label is being printed on a TTR (thermal transfer) printer on polyester white stock.
>
> TIA -Karl
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I am printing barcodes in Crystal using the formula: "*"+{PartLot.LotNum}+"*" or "*"+{PartLot.PartNum}+"*" using 14-point DataWorks Bar 39. The field is not bolded, italicized or undelined. Still, trying to scan the resultant barcode into Excel, yields nothing. It cannot read the code. I tried other known good barcodes and the scanner can read them, so the scanner is OK. Anything else I am missing here? The label is being printed on a TTR (thermal transfer) printer on polyester white stock.
Â
TIA -Karl

The scanner may need to be setup to read DataWorks 39...One of our locations had the read happening, but the tabs were translated as the number 4 until the scanner was setup to scan the font DataWorks 39.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karl Dash
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:25 AM
To: Vantage Group
Subject: [Vantage] Reading Barcodes from Crystal

I am printing barcodes in Crystal using the formula: "*"+{PartLot.LotNum}+"*" or "*"+{PartLot.PartNum}+"*" using 14-point DataWorks Bar 39. The field is not bolded, italicized or undelined. Still, trying to scan the resultant barcode into Excel, yields nothing. It cannot read the code. I tried other known good barcodes and the scanner can read them, so the scanner is OK. Anything else I am missing here? The label is being printed on a TTR (thermal transfer) printer on polyester white stock.

TIA -Karl

> The scanner may need to be setup to read DataWorks 39
You might try checking the nice setup docs one of the forum users uploaded:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/Barcoding/

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Karen Schoenung <kschoenung@...> wrote:
>
> The scanner may need to be setup to read DataWorks 39...One of our locations had the read happening, but the tabs were translated as the number 4 until the scanner was setup to scan the font DataWorks 39.
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karl Dash
> Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:25 AM
> To: Vantage Group
> Subject: [Vantage] Reading Barcodes from Crystal
>
>
>
> I am printing barcodes in Crystal using the formula: "*"+{PartLot.LotNum}+"*" or "*"+{PartLot.PartNum}+"*" using 14-point DataWorks Bar 39. The field is not bolded, italicized or undelined. Still, trying to scan the resultant barcode into Excel, yields nothing. It cannot read the code. I tried other known good barcodes and the scanner can read them, so the scanner is OK. Anything else I am missing here? The label is being printed on a TTR (thermal transfer) printer on polyester white stock.
>
> TIA -Karl
>
>
>
>
>