Receipt Entry Receive POs for Any Warehouse from Any Plant

Does anyone have any insight on this? Long story short, will creating a customization that allows users to enter a Receipt for any warehouse from any Plant impact Data integrity?

Currently Epicor will only allow Receipts to be entered for the Plant that the user is 'in'. Will circumventing this impact anything?

Thank you for your time :)

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "chan213419" <chan213419@...> wrote:
>
> Good afternoon everyone! I have a feasibility question that I hope someone can answer.
>
> Currently, the Receipt Entry screen only allows users to Recieve POs for the plant they are currently 'in'. To Receive to other plant/warehouses, the users have to switch plants (Epicor Main Menu --> Options --> Change Plant).
>
> The users don't like how they have to do this because there are many different plants/warehouses and many Receipts. I had an idea to add a plant and warehouse dropdown to the Receipt Entry screen and add some code that switches the Plant/Warehouse based on what the user selects.
>
> That being said, I am worried about doing this. My main concern is losing data integrity.
>
> Do you think my worry is warranted? Do you think achieving this is possible? Are there any concerns you would have that I haven't mentioned?
>
> Thank you very much for your time.
>
> Chan
>
Good afternoon everyone! I have a feasibility question that I hope someone can answer.

Currently, the Receipt Entry screen only allows users to Recieve POs for the plant they are currently 'in'. To Receive to other plant/warehouses, the users have to switch plants (Epicor Main Menu --> Options --> Change Plant).

The users don't like how they have to do this because there are many different plants/warehouses and many Receipts. I had an idea to add a plant and warehouse dropdown to the Receipt Entry screen and add some code that switches the Plant/Warehouse based on what the user selects.

That being said, I am worried about doing this. My main concern is losing data integrity.

Do you think my worry is warranted? Do you think achieving this is possible? Are there any concerns you would have that I haven't mentioned?

Thank you very much for your time.

Chan