Reopening GL Fiscal Periods

Are you trying to reopen through the General Ledger Setup folder?

Christy J. Morris
Controller
Cold Jet, LLC
455 Wards Corner Road
Loveland, Ohio 45140
USA

+1 513-716-6370
+1 513-576-8986 (fax)
www.coldjet.com<http://www.coldjet.com>

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD166D.C1777450]
Setting industry standards in dry ice technology and solutions for over 20 years.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kerry Travis
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2012 10:35 AM
To: Vantage Group
Subject: [Vantage] Reopening GL Fiscal Periods

Good morning all,

I had to close the last fiscal period of the year in order to get the balances forward for the balance sheet accounts. I am now trying to reopen it in order to post some entries. However, I get the following error message:
"Future G/L fiscal periods must be closed through the G/L general operations menu."

I have opened up the first period of the current fiscal year, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks for any help you may give.

Best regards,

Kerry Travis, CGA
Controller
International Name Plate Supplies Ltd.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Good morning all,
Â
I had to close the last fiscal period of the year in order to get the balances forward for the balance sheet accounts. I am now trying to reopen it in order to post some entries. However, I get the following error message:
 "Future G/L fiscal periods must be closed through the G/L general operations menu."
Â
I have opened up the first period of the current fiscal year, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Has anyone else encountered this?
Â
Thanks for any help you may give.
Â
Best regards,
Â
Kerry Travis, CGA
Controller
International Name Plate Supplies Ltd.