Report Data Definition and Crystal Reports

You are going to want to first run that report with the new RDD, after that go get the XML and in crystal find 'Set datasource location' and you will want to set it to that XML. Bare in mind keep this XML in a safe place as you might need it again in the future. Once you do that you will then be able to see your new field.
I duplicated the SO pick list system report and wanted to add a field that already exists in the included OrderHed table(OrderHeld).  I moved that field from the "Excluded Report Fields" to the "Included Report Fields" and saved it.  I then opened the new report in Crystal.  I can't seem to find a way to get that new field to show up.  I've printed a SO pick list and exported it to xml and tried using that as a datasource and tried refreshing the table data.  Here is the error I get when trying to use it as a datasource. 

Logon Failed. Details: System.Data: The table (Section) cannot be the child table to itself in nested relations.

What am I missing here?  I've done this on other reports with no problems but can't seem to figure this one out.  Thanks.

Did you load the XML in Database Expert…is there any tables that are not linked to anything?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:28 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Report Data Definition and Crystal Reports

I duplicated the SO pick list system report and wanted to add a field that already exists in the included OrderHed table(OrderHeld).  I moved that field from the "Excluded Report Fields" to the "Included Report Fields" and saved it.  I then opened the new report in Crystal.  I can't seem to find a way to get that new field to show up.  I've printed a SO pick list and exported it to xml and tried using that as a datasource and tried refreshing the table data.  Here is the error I get when trying to use it as a datasource. 

Logon Failed. Details: System.Data: The table (Section) cannot be the child table to itself in nested relations.

What am I missing here?  I've done this on other reports with no problems but can't seem to figure this one out.  Thanks.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.