Require Material be Complete Before Completion

correction "no longer continues to be a requirement"

--- On Wed, 5/7/08, Robert Brown <robertb_versa@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Vantage] Require Material be Complete Before Completion
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 7, 2008, 5:18 PM

This seems like a hole in the closing process big enough to drive a truck through.

Since any 'open balance still required' component qty tied to an op continues to be a requirement after joboper.opcomplete is set to true, perhaps you'd be better of inserting a customization in labor entry (where the opcomplete field is set). If the op remains open (even with no production qty balance due), it might no longer qualify for closing and force investigation/ remediation.

Rob Brown

--- On Wed, 5/7/08, Karl Dash <dashkarl@yahoo. com> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Require Material be Complete Before Completion
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Date: Wednesday, May 7, 2008, 10:22 AM

All,
We are on 803.403D(Progress) and I was confronted with the problem of jobs being closed and completed with components "short". I'm sure the parts were physically issued but the paperwork in the system was never done. Epicor tech support says that there is no check in the system requiring parts to be fully issued before completion.

Has anyone created a customization to prevent job completion/closure if any component is still short to the job?

TIA,
-Karl

------------ --------- --------- ---
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ

____________________________________________________________________________________
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ
All,
We are on 803.403D(Progress) and I was confronted with the problem of jobs being closed and completed with components "short". I'm sure the parts were physically issued but the paperwork in the system was never done. Epicor tech support says that there is no check in the system requiring parts to be fully issued before completion.

Has anyone created a customization to prevent job completion/closure if any component is still short to the job?

TIA,
-Karl

---------------------------------

This seems like a hole in the closing process big enough to drive a truck through.

Since any 'open balance still required' component qty tied to an op continues to be a requirement after joboper.opcomplete is set to true, perhaps you'd be better of inserting a customization in labor entry (where the opcomplete field is set). If the op remains open (even with no production qty balance due), it might no longer qualify for closing and force investigation/remediation.

Rob Brown

--- On Wed, 5/7/08, Karl Dash <dashkarl@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Require Material be Complete Before Completion
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 7, 2008, 10:22 AM

All,

TIA,
-Karl

------------ --------- --------- ---

____________________________________________________________________________________
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ