Resource Group maximum size?

They are not blowing smoke.
While I can't tell you what the maximum is, I can tell tell you that we had the same problem and reducing the size of the groups did it for us. About a 100 per group, arbitrarily decided.

Larry <larrybarriere@...> wrote:

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "vikesfan.rm" <mikenkay@...> wrote:
>
> We have an issue where adding a resource to a resource group requires a 30 min wait while Vantage 8.03 saves the data entered. Customer support says "too many resources in the group" (484 resources in the group presently), but cannot tell me what the maximum number allowed is. I think maybe they're blowing smoke....
> Anyone have experience with a max # in a group?
>

Good Morning
We have some resource groups with 8,644 resources. These are fixtures.
Yes we found the system to be very slow when saving new resources.
I have found that if you update the list screen it seem to be somewhat faster. Still slower but at least you can update more then one at a time.
Larry

AVIS IMPORTANT: Cette transmission électronique est strictement réservée à l'usage de la (des) personne(s) à qui elle est adressée et contient des informations privilégiées et confidentielles. Toute divulgation, distribution, copie, ou autre utilisation de cette transmission par une autre personne est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez s'il vous plaît en aviser immédiatement l'expéditeur par courriel et détruire tout exemplaire ou copie de la transmission originale.

WARNING: This electronic transmission contains confidential information, intended only for the person(s) named above, and is privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any other use of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission by error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy the original transmission immediately and all copies thereof.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We have an issue where adding a resource to a resource group requires a 30 min wait while Vantage 8.03 saves the data entered. Customer support says "too many resources in the group" (484 resources in the group presently), but cannot tell me what the maximum number allowed is. I think maybe they're blowing smoke....
Anyone have experience with a max # in a group?
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "vikesfan.rm" <mikenkay@...> wrote:
>
> We have an issue where adding a resource to a resource group requires a 30 min wait while Vantage 8.03 saves the data entered. Customer support says "too many resources in the group" (484 resources in the group presently), but cannot tell me what the maximum number allowed is. I think maybe they're blowing smoke....
> Anyone have experience with a max # in a group?
>

Good Morning
We have some resource groups with 8,644 resources. These are fixtures.
Yes we found the system to be very slow when saving new resources.
I have found that if you update the list screen it seem to be somewhat faster. Still slower but at least you can update more then one at a time.
Larry