Return a Part on the Fly to supplier

You might TRY to create a nonconformance of the job material & inspect fail/DMR fail it.

Being a part on the fly, I suspect that might not work - but worth a try.

If it fails, do a job cost adjustment to get rid of cost and manually do a vendor debit. Get an RMA from vendor and do a Misc Shipment to return it.

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Tue 9/8/09 4:48 pm
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Return a Part on the Fly to supplier

Scenario: A part on the fly is added to a BOM for a job (a buyout part shipped direct with no manufacturing) but returned to us by the customer. We will return it to the supplier. What is the best approach to removing that issuance to the job? I see that I can return it to inventory by creating a part number. However, this is a part I do not desire to place in inventory (so it is a POF).

Can that part be removed from the Job without creating a part in the part master so that a correct job cost is reflected in the end? If so, how?
Scenario: A part on the fly is added to a BOM for a job (a buyout part shipped direct with no manufacturing) but returned to us by the customer. We will return it to the supplier. What is the best approach to removing that issuance to the job? I see that I can return it to inventory by creating a part number. However, this is a part I do not desire to place in inventory (so it is a POF).

Can that part be removed from the Job without creating a part in the part master so that a correct job cost is reflected in the end? If so, how?