Sales Connect on 403

That is correct.
It is the same way for customer connect.
One of the big pains was in first testing customer connect.
People would ask me what their password was, and I could not tell them, as there is no visible way to see this in the db.
Also, it is stored encrypted. Even if you make a dashboard or BAQ, you will only see the encryption.

It seems as though a standard hash is made by default because a test showed that clearing the password and resending the email seems to have set the temp password to what it had been earlier.

This is sort of a pain for me since I want to have other logic added to the portal and use the same account passwords (instead of the customer having to maintain multiple) but vantage users can never communicate these passwords because they do not see them.

Although, I do understand the security reasons why they would do this, but I really do think it should be a setup option.

Also, that smtp log, which I have used the exact same way, tends to grow over time...is worth scripting some cleanup for a few logs to keep them from getting out of hand.
Also, at a certain point, it is a pain to open them. 200mb files tend to not always open easily in wordpad.

Carey

To: vantage@yahoogroups.comFrom: mark_wonsil@...: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:38:14 -0500Subject: RE: [Vantage] Sales Connect on 403

Thanks Carey,> That would have been my guess.> Do you need to also perhaps set them up on a workforce?I found something on the EpicWeb website:- Create a Workforce Entry- Add an Authorized User and Make it Default- Make the User Web Enabled and clear the passwordClearing the password should trigger an email to the email on record. Nowwhich email account I can't tell you. The one on the user? The one on the WorkForce? I think that Customer/Sales Connect is unpredictable if the same emailaccount is used in multiple places.Something I did learn along this process: In the MfgWrk803 area, there's anSMTP log file that shows all out-going e-mails. If a customer didn't receivethe email, you can check this log and it will contain the temporary passwordthat was sent to the user.Mark W.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Maybe I'm having a brain-*art, but I seem to have missed how to setup a user
for Sales Connect. I would think it was just making a regular user a web user
and clearing their password. Is there any other secret to it? Anything with
Work Force?

Thanks,

Mark W.
That would have been my guess.
Do you need to also perhaps set them up on a workforce?
Carey

To: vantage@yahoogroups.comFrom: mark_wonsil@...: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:34:31 -0500Subject: [Vantage] Sales Connect on 403

Maybe I'm having a brain-*art, but I seem to have missed how to setup a userfor Sales Connect. I would think it was just making a regular user a web userand clearing their password. Is there any other secret to it? Anything withWork Force?Thanks,Mark W.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thanks Carey,

> That would have been my guess.
> Do you need to also perhaps set them up on a workforce?

I found something on the EpicWeb website:

- Create a Workforce Entry

- Add an Authorized User and Make it Default

- Make the User Web Enabled and clear the password

Clearing the password should trigger an email to the email on record. Now
which email account I can't tell you. The one on the user? The one on the Work
Force? I think that Customer/Sales Connect is unpredictable if the same email
account is used in multiple places.

Something I did learn along this process: In the MfgWrk803 area, there's an
SMTP log file that shows all out-going e-mails. If a customer didn't receive
the email, you can check this log and it will contain the temporary password
that was sent to the user.