Sales Order Detail Line Product Group Filtering via Quick Search Entry BAQ

We are trying to filter the Product Group Code via the customer selected on the product group.

I have a UD field Customer.PrdGrpPrefix_c and Storing the same information (OS below) in the ProdGrup.ProdFamilyID which we don’t currently use for any other purpose.

I would like to limit the Product Groups that display using this relationship on the Order Detail Product group combobox with a query via the Quick Search Entry.

ProdCode
OS-HR
OS-BXSK
OS-FABMS
OS-FSTL
OS-PPOLE
OS-KDWN
OS-METAL
OS-PAINT
OS-SPLS
OS-BLST
OS-STUBE
OS-GRTG

Customer.PrdGrpPrefix_c Value “OS” = ProdGrup.ProdFamilyID Value “OS”

I cant see to get the Combo box to recognize the query and not sure how to connect the Customer in the order head in a query to the ProdGrup Table.

Suggestions?

Try right clickjng on the combo and select Refresh List.

Maybe the query constraint isn’t applying until after the combo is already populated.

This isn’t a solution, but rather something to help figure out what’s going on.

DId not do anything when I refreshed the list after selecting the BAQ in the Quick Search box. Also it does not remain attached to the combo box like the search for the Sales Order number one does. Get me?

@josecgomez - Sanders at DIS-TRAN said you are the guy that could answer this. Can you chime in?

I am trying to filter the product group in an epicombobox on the order detail line based on the customer. see OP.

Thanks!

@josecgomez

1 Like

This is a bit complex, you’ll have to bring the Customer record along as an FKV into the Sales Order Screen then put a filter in your combo-box to look at that field (hidden) and filter the combo box.
An easier way may be to replace that combox with a BAQ Combo which uses BAQ Markup to filter the results by Customer CustID…

FKV Please elaborate?

Foreign Key View.

1 Like