SC Won't Delete Dates in ProjectTask Table

Have you tried deleting the mapping link to Date02 and setting a literal value and selecting the force null value checkbox on the RH side of the conversion?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "craig_weiss" <cweiss@...> wrote:
>
> We have written a Service Connect workflow to modify dates in the projecttask table. It works successfully when we pass it dates, but if we leave one of the dates blank, it errors out. We would like for the field to be cleared in Vantage if it is blank in the source file.
>
> I have tried setting rowmod=[Clear=Date02], where Date02 is the field I would like to be cleared. However, when I run this, it seems to error out because the mapping from the incoming data to the Date02 field is not sending any data. Here is the error:
>
> Failed to load incoming xml into the request object. Most likely, the xml does not comply to the request object schema: : There is an error in XML document (1, 309). : The string '' is not a valid AllXsd value.
>
> I have tried running a trace while deleting the date in the client, but it wasn't helpful. Here is the result of the trace:
>
> <tracePacket>
> <businessObject>Epicor.Mfg.BO.Project</businessObject>
> <methodName>Update</methodName>
> <returnType>void</returnType>
> <localTime>9/9/2009 14:32:39:3749869 PM</localTime>
> <executionTime>468.759</executionTime>
> <parameters>
> <parameter name='ds' type='Epicor.Mfg.BO.ProjectDataSet' ><ProjectDataSet xmlns="http://www.epicor.com/Mfg/100/BO.Project/Project" /></parameter>
> </parameters>
> <paramDataSetChanges>
> <paramDataSet name='ds' useDataSetNbr='0' >
> <changedValue tableName='ProjectTask' rowState='Modified' rowNum='3' colName='Date02' ><![CDATA[]]></changedValue>
> </paramDataSet>
> </paramDataSetChanges>
> </tracePacket>
>
> <tracePacket>
> <businessObject>Epicor.Mfg.BO.ReportMonitor</businessObject>
> <methodName>GetRowsKeepIdleTime</methodName>
> <returnType>Epicor.Mfg.BO.ReportMonitorDataSet</returnType>
> <localTime>9/9/2009 14:32:40:0937507 PM</localTime>
> <executionTime>0</executionTime>
> <parameters>
> <parameter name='whereClauseSysRptLst' type='System.String' ><![CDATA[AutoAction <> '' AND WorkStationID ='CWEISS-AMD 0']]></parameter>
> <parameter name='pageSize' type='System.Int32' ><![CDATA[0]]></parameter>
> <parameter name='absolutePage' type='System.Int32' ><![CDATA[0]]></parameter>
> <parameter name='morePages' type='System.Boolean' ><![CDATA[]]></parameter>
> </parameters>
> </tracePacket>
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
We have written a Service Connect workflow to modify dates in the projecttask table. It works successfully when we pass it dates, but if we leave one of the dates blank, it errors out. We would like for the field to be cleared in Vantage if it is blank in the source file.

I have tried setting rowmod=[Clear=Date02], where Date02 is the field I would like to be cleared. However, when I run this, it seems to error out because the mapping from the incoming data to the Date02 field is not sending any data. Here is the error:

Failed to load incoming xml into the request object. Most likely, the xml does not comply to the request object schema: : There is an error in XML document (1, 309). : The string '' is not a valid AllXsd value.

I have tried running a trace while deleting the date in the client, but it wasn't helpful. Here is the result of the trace:

<tracePacket>
<businessObject>Epicor.Mfg.BO.Project</businessObject>
<methodName>Update</methodName>
<returnType>void</returnType>
<localTime>9/9/2009 14:32:39:3749869 PM</localTime>
<executionTime>468.759</executionTime>
<parameters>
<parameter name='ds' type='Epicor.Mfg.BO.ProjectDataSet' ><ProjectDataSet xmlns="http://www.epicor.com/Mfg/100/BO.Project/Project" /></parameter>
</parameters>
<paramDataSetChanges>
<paramDataSet name='ds' useDataSetNbr='0' >
<changedValue tableName='ProjectTask' rowState='Modified' rowNum='3' colName='Date02' ><![CDATA[]]></changedValue>
</paramDataSet>
</paramDataSetChanges>
</tracePacket>

<tracePacket>
<businessObject>Epicor.Mfg.BO.ReportMonitor</businessObject>
<methodName>GetRowsKeepIdleTime</methodName>
<returnType>Epicor.Mfg.BO.ReportMonitorDataSet</returnType>
<localTime>9/9/2009 14:32:40:0937507 PM</localTime>
<executionTime>0</executionTime>
<parameters>
<parameter name='whereClauseSysRptLst' type='System.String' ><![CDATA[AutoAction <> '' AND WorkStationID ='CWEISS-AMD 0']]></parameter>
<parameter name='pageSize' type='System.Int32' ><![CDATA[0]]></parameter>
<parameter name='absolutePage' type='System.Int32' ><![CDATA[0]]></parameter>
<parameter name='morePages' type='System.Boolean' ><![CDATA[]]></parameter>
</parameters>
</tracePacket>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Craig