Selling a service through Epicor 9

David,
You are correct Field Service is designed for this exact purpose. You will need to make several configurations to get it working though (like resources, operations and such). I strongly recommend reading up on Field Service before you begin. Here is a conceptual workflow:
1. Open a Case in Case Entry and record the customer call and such (optional)
2. From the Actions menu in Case Entry select 'Create Field Service Call'
3. Here you will need to enter information about the service, what equipment is being worked on or installed, etc.
4. Then from the Actions menu (or somewhere) you will create the Field Service Job, which is linked to the FS Call. (The FS Job will be your costs collector)
5. Then you will dispatch the service person who will do the work and report back their progress (you can print the FS Job or Call for them to use)
6. You will issue inventory to the FS Job and report labor to the FS Job (with Issue Material & Labor and Expense Entry programs)
7. Next close the Job
8. Close the FS Call - this will then generate an AR invoice.

PLEASE trial this process in your TEST or TRAIN DB and read up on the process! This is just to give youa jist of the flow (I did this for my last employer and my current employer does not have the Field Service Module)

There are several other features that can tie into FS Calls & Jobs, like Warranties & Service Contracts (which are both sold on Sales Orders to a customer and then referenced on FS Calls for discounting)

If you need more help, let me know.

-Rick Bird
IT Software Administrator
Rowmark, LLC.
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "david03350" <david03350@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is any way to sell a non-countable product (like a service) in E9. Something that can be sold through a Sales Order, but that doesn't have to be Buyed or Received. Just Invoiced. An installation or configuration may be good examples for this.
>
> I was thinking in Field Service. Is it the right (and the only) way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> David Corredor
>
Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to sell a non-countable product (like a service) in E9. Something that can be sold through a Sales Order, but that doesn't have to be Buyed or Received. Just Invoiced. An installation or configuration may be good examples for this.

I was thinking in Field Service. Is it the right (and the only) way to do this?

Thanks,
David Corredor
We link sales orders to jobs and charge the costs of the service to the
jobs. No inventory is created in the process.

Edward F. Fox, Jr., CPA, CGMA
Controller
Maxson Automatic Machinery Company
Phone 401-596-0162 . Fax 401-596-1050
<http://www.maxsonautomatic.com> www.maxsonautomatic.com

_____

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
david03350
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:07 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Selling a service through Epicor 9

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any way to sell a non-countable product (like a
service) in E9. Something that can be sold through a Sales Order, but that
doesn't have to be Buyed or Received. Just Invoiced. An installation or
configuration may be good examples for this.

I was thinking in Field Service. Is it the right (and the only) way to do
this?

Thanks,
David Corredor

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature
database 7328 (20120725) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]