Serial Numbers used in a Parent Assembly

I am wondering if anyone has built a BAQ that can show all the sub-component serial numbers used in a parent assembly. This would be easy if it was all done in a single job, but I would also need sub assemblies that were make to stock (possibly many layers deep), or make to job.
Is there a good tutorial that explains how to create a CTE BAQ? I know there are a few threads here, but I still am having issues wrapping my mind around it.

I don’t have an answer for that, but if you had attachments on a lot number, you could copy those attachments when the lot is issued to a job, and then when that job is received to inventory with its new lot number, copy the attachments from the job to that lot number, rinse and repeat. When you add the finished good part number and its lot to a new customer shipment line, you can copy those attachments to the packing slip. Could you do something similar with serial numbers (not as attachments) but by copying the matched component-parent serial number as a concatenated string to a UD field on the parent serial, then each time a serial number is matched to a parent, copy forward the string and concatenate the new parent on the end or front?