Server issues - help

B_





We are on progress 8.03.403c so we never did the progress database upgrade
for the 405 series. How would one check for rogue odbc connections? We
have a couple odbc links that were setup for external reporting. We ran 3
of the database "conversion utilities" from the sys admin tools on the
training database which was a restored copy of the main database. If you
can point me in the right point to look would be greatly appreciated. (I
thought the conversion util was rebuilding indexes, but not sure, have never
truncated (Not sure what it is) and don't know what a dump and load is.



Thanks in advance.



Adam Riffer

Purchasing

IQuum, Inc.

********************************************************************

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the designated
recipient(s). It contains CONFIDENTIAL and/or PROPRIETARY information and
may be subject to attorney-client privilege or other confidentiality
protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review,
use, copy or distribute this message. If you received this in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.

_____

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
b_ordway
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 12:27 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: server issues - help





Are you sure you don't have any rougue BAQs, BPMs or ODBC connections since
February?

Are you on Progress?
Have you rebuilt indexes?
Truncated the db?
Considered a dump and load?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"ariffer" <ariffer@...> wrote:
>
> We are running 8.03.403c. I had some data corruption in the part inventory
tables back in february. I did a backup and restored the database to the
training database. Then I ran a couple of the database data conversion tools
to try and fix the data tables. It appeared to solve the data issues in the
training database. However since Vista has been pegging the processor every
couple days. If I shutdown the progress database and the appservers and
restart them it is ok again for a couple days. We had only used the database
tools on the training database and we have even tried keeping the training
database not running and it doesn't seem to have a major affect on the
problem.
>
> The only thing we did was we had accidentally restored the database to an
additional location and deleted the files, prior to the successful
restoration.
>
> I think I have explained everything that happened and I am hoping someone
might have an idea at least where to look. We haven't changed anything that
would explain the new problem since February in my mind, but I am hoping
someone with experience might have a couple suggestions.
>
> -Adam
>





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We are running 8.03.403c. I had some data corruption in the part inventory tables back in february. I did a backup and restored the database to the training database. Then I ran a couple of the database data conversion tools to try and fix the data tables. It appeared to solve the data issues in the training database. However since Vista has been pegging the processor every couple days. If I shutdown the progress database and the appservers and restart them it is ok again for a couple days. We had only used the database tools on the training database and we have even tried keeping the training database not running and it doesn't seem to have a major affect on the problem.

The only thing we did was we had accidentally restored the database to an additional location and deleted the files, prior to the successful restoration.

I think I have explained everything that happened and I am hoping someone might have an idea at least where to look. We haven't changed anything that would explain the new problem since February in my mind, but I am hoping someone with experience might have a couple suggestions.

-Adam
Are you sure you don't have any rougue BAQs, BPMs or ODBC connections since February?

Are you on Progress?
Have you rebuilt indexes?
Truncated the db?
Considered a dump and load?


--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ariffer" <ariffer@...> wrote:
>
> We are running 8.03.403c. I had some data corruption in the part inventory tables back in february. I did a backup and restored the database to the training database. Then I ran a couple of the database data conversion tools to try and fix the data tables. It appeared to solve the data issues in the training database. However since Vista has been pegging the processor every couple days. If I shutdown the progress database and the appservers and restart them it is ok again for a couple days. We had only used the database tools on the training database and we have even tried keeping the training database not running and it doesn't seem to have a major affect on the problem.
>
> The only thing we did was we had accidentally restored the database to an additional location and deleted the files, prior to the successful restoration.
>
> I think I have explained everything that happened and I am hoping someone might have an idea at least where to look. We haven't changed anything that would explain the new problem since February in my mind, but I am hoping someone with experience might have a couple suggestions.
>
> -Adam
>