Service Connect and Dates

Does anyone know how to pass a null value to a date field within a Service Connect conversion to clear the date field?

i believe it’s done through the nil sub node (the attribute must be set within the xsd first). Right click on the sub node and set xsi:nil, make sure the check box is checked and you’ll see the node change it’s status.

the node in your schema should look something like this…

xs:element minOccurs=“0” name=“Date03” nillable=“true” type=“xs:dateTime” /

and in your xslt

1 Like

Thanks Rob. Is there a setting to enable the sub node? This is what I see.

right, that’s the trick… most of those schemas dont come in like that. I havent taken the time to delve into why some have it and some dont. If you edit the schema directly you could put that attribute in the node and see if that works. I’ve had some luck customizing schemas in the past. I havent tried to force that one in yet tho.

Alright, I’ll see what I can figure out. Thanks for steering me in some sort of direction, using a bunch of choices in the workflow designer is complete mess.

I figured out how to modify the xsd file to add the nillable property, but turned out to be more work than what I want to do right now with re-formatting dates and such since I had already done it using choices.

If anyone is curious the xsd files are saved under C:\Program Files\Epicor Service Connect\SCS\Schemas