Service Connect Possibility?

All of our parts already have methods. It is more of the vantage UI that is causing the problems.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Tara Madia" <tmadia@...> wrote:
>
> Have you considered using Product Configurator? If you have a method that has similar type methods with a few variations, you could either "keep" the parts and operations you needed and dump the rest; or you could build placeholder parts with routing then use keep when and set field rules to define the actual parts and the operations, labor hours, etc. A final configured part can be configured to the quote, order or job and does not have to be in your part master. Service connect is a great tool if you have an experienced person to write it. We had a lot of difficulty, including everything showing it completed fine, but nothing happened. In my opinion, and in a few others I'm sure, Service Connect is very temperamental and the training and support Epicor provides is subpar at best for this product because it is officially not part of the Epicor software package. Converting excel to a csv file has easily brought our information into Vantage for large and deeply indented bills effectively. It is an investment, but it is another option to consider.
>
We are trying to figure out a way that we can quote in excel & then push it into Vantage. I am wondering if this is someting I could do with service connect. Every customer has an excel spreadsheet right now where each line is a new quote line. They want the ability to paste it right into Vantage or somehow push the lines they select into a quote. Getting the lines is not a problem for just a paste instert, but then all the manufacturing details & quote worksheet details is a whole new issue.
Theoretically this sounds like something Service Connect could handle.

Thanks,

Blake Clemens

DMC

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Michael McWilliams
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 3:56 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Service Connect Possibility?

We are trying to figure out a way that we can quote in excel & then push
it into Vantage. I am wondering if this is someting I could do with
service connect. Every customer has an excel spreadsheet right now where
each line is a new quote line. They want the ability to paste it right
into Vantage or somehow push the lines they select into a quote. Getting
the lines is not a problem for just a paste instert, but then all the
manufacturing details & quote worksheet details is a whole new issue.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Get yourself a few bottles of pepto before you get started...

Rob Bucek

Manufacturing Engineer

PH: 715-284-5376 ext 311

FAX: 715-284-4084

<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

(Click the logo to view our site)

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Blake Clemens
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 2:58 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Service Connect Possibility?

Theoretically this sounds like something Service Connect could handle.

Thanks,

Blake Clemens

DMC

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
Behalf
Of Michael McWilliams
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 3:56 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Vantage] Service Connect Possibility?

We are trying to figure out a way that we can quote in excel & then push
it into Vantage. I am wondering if this is someting I could do with
service connect. Every customer has an excel spreadsheet right now where
each line is a new quote line. They want the ability to paste it right
into Vantage or somehow push the lines they select into a quote. Getting
the lines is not a problem for just a paste instert, but then all the
manufacturing details & quote worksheet details is a whole new issue.

Have you considered using Product Configurator? If you have a method that has similar type methods with a few variations, you could either "keep" the parts and operations you needed and dump the rest; or you could build placeholder parts with routing then use keep when and set field rules to define the actual parts and the operations, labor hours, etc. A final configured part can be configured to the quote, order or job and does not have to be in your part master. Service connect is a great tool if you have an experienced person to write it. We had a lot of difficulty, including everything showing it completed fine, but nothing happened. In my opinion, and in a few others I'm sure, Service Connect is very temperamental and the training and support Epicor provides is subpar at best for this product because it is officially not part of the Epicor software package. Converting excel to a csv file has easily brought our information into Vantage for large and deeply indented bills effectively. It is an investment, but it is another option to consider.