Setting a numeric bound text box not to show 0

Just wondering how one would go about setting the value of a text box bound to a numeric field to not show the 0 when adding a new record on a UD form?

Users struggle to either double click to select the whole field or delete the 0 when entering in data :slight_smile:

I think the last time this came up, the suggestion was to make it a text field and cast the data to a number when needed.

https://epiusers.help/t/remove-0-from-numeric-fields/50689

1 Like

Thanks Aaron, I was thinking of that, and hoping there was a bit cleaner of a method. I was sort of hoping it would have been ok after the get new, then change the textbox.value to ā€œā€

1 Like

Why is it I can never find these things when I am looknigā€¦ Thanks.

It took me a couple of goes, but I knew for a fact it was there somewhere in this case, because I remembered reading it! That always helps.

Notice the current live discussion on ā€œNull value within Quantity fieldsā€, which seems like itā€™s close to what youā€™re wanting to do, too.

2 Likes

Hint: Google search is sometimes better at finding a post here than the on-site help. Thatā€™s no shade on the team here at E10Help just the power of the Google.

2 Likes

Adding site:epiusers.help to the google search will limit Googleā€™s results to this domain.

I use this on lots of sites. Especially ā€œpoorā€ ones (like sites ending with .gov and .edu :wink: )

3 Likes

Yeah, forgot to mention that, thatā€™s what I get for assuming everyone already knew that. :wink: Thanks @ckrusen