Shipping Doc Required error

We have encountered a strange error regarding Shipping Documents Required. When trying to ship a Master pack we are receiving

Business Layer Exception

Documents not available for XYZ-Part from job 123456 on line 1

Exception caught in: Epicor.ServiceModel

Error Detail

Description: Documents not available for XYZ-Part from job 123456 on line 1
Program: Erp.Services.BO.StageShipConfirm.dll
Method: valDocReq
Line Number: 3420
Column Number: 25
Table: ShipDtl
Field: 5b9c7026-6fcd-4941-b10b-86388c5ea3a9

The Job’s part number comes from a configurator, it is a part on the fly. So I checked the Base part number, the Assemblies part numbers and all the Job Materials part numbers against the part master and none have the Shipping Documents Required checkbox set to true. I went back and looked at the Quote tables generated from the configurator to see if there was anything there and no part numbers have it checked. I put a case in with Epicor, the support person did a Web-Ex and looked but could find no reason for the error. I am new with the company but I have been informed that we have not encountered this with any other Job / Master Pack shipment before. We have now sent our database into Epicor to have them investigate.

Any ideas.

Thanks,
Scott

@utaylor , you ever seen this before?

No I have not, maybe you can use ILSpy on the dll for that business object and peek into the valDocReq method to see if you can get the logic of the method.

@jdewitt6029 do you get anything in the table JobPart

Select ShipDocReq,*
fROM JobPart
where job = your jobnum

Do you get a result there?

@slitzau

Nice call. Sure enough there is a field ShipDocReq and it is checked for this Job. Just looked in Job Entry / Co-Parts and it is checked there. Un-engineered and unchecked, Re-release job. Now to see if it ships in Master Pack.

I owe you one when we get together.

Scott

One love man!