Shortage Report

Hi,

I made some alternatives to TimePhase but it was with Access/ODBC - V8/Progress.
I remember running into constraints when I tried either BAQs or Crystal/ODBC.

In my case I was dealing with mostly stock parts on BOMs with many levels, sub-assemblies & phantoms. Overall build times of 2 months.
Something was needed to identify all the parts that were needed for the next days jobs but did not yet have sufficient inventory.

The supply for each part listed still had to be manually verified and if necessary, expedited.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Rory St. Lawrence" <rstlawrence@...> wrote:
>
> We are trying to create a Crystal Report or BAQ that will allow us to see shortages for all parts, sub-assemblies, etc. from the top-most level down, without having to do a Time Phase Inquiry for each individual assembly/part. Is anyone out there doing this already? Unfortunately, we have a lot of assemblies that make up our finished parts within Vantage, which makes this sort of thing more difficult than it is for most Vantage setups.
>
We are trying to create a Crystal Report or BAQ that will allow us to see shortages for all parts, sub-assemblies, etc. from the top-most level down, without having to do a Time Phase Inquiry for each individual assembly/part. Is anyone out there doing this already? Unfortunately, we have a lot of assemblies that make up our finished parts within Vantage, which makes this sort of thing more difficult than it is for most Vantage setups.