SQL Updating Blank Title 142414

Odd.... you could put that coe in a BPM and look for a MATCH then run the Delete by ID... OR if the number of Parts you found is small enough you might be able to use the WSTester to delete them

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

It wont keep it. It will only keep it when I uncheck UPDATABLE from the main screen.

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

Â

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:03 PM

To: Vantage <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Vantage] SQL Updating

Â

Â

When you check updatable it removes the space from there where clause? Can't you just put it back?

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com
 Â
   Â

Â

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â

Strange thing. When I just create the query with MATCH ‘* ‘ it finds some…talk about opening pandoras box. But then I click on UPDATABLE and save it removes the SPACE. I uncheck the UPDATABLE and I am able to use the SPACE again.

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:49 PM

Â

Â

This code will delete a Part by ID assuming you have the partID and as far as I can tell it won't strip spaces. If the previous query I sent you works, you can place this in the update code of the updatable bAQ and have it run, however it won't work for any part that is referenced in a Job, Inventory or ANY transactions because Epicor won't let you remove those. If that is the case your ONLY choice is to hope for a fix from Epicor

Â

//in Declaration Section

{BO/Part/Part_ds.i}

Â

Â

//IN Code SectionÂ

DEFINE VARIABLE hPart AS HANDLE NO-UNDO.

RUN bo/Part/Part.p PERSISTENT SET hPart.

FOR EACH ttResults:

{&TRY_PRIVATE}

RUN DeleteByID in hPart(INPUT ttResults.Part_PartNum).

{&CATCH_PRIVATE}

END.

Â

Â

Â

DISCLAIMER: This code is provided as is and for references only, me or my company are NOT responsible for any damage caused by this code and we highly recommend you test it heavily on a test environment before putting it in production. Once again this code is provided as an example ONLY and if you break anything with it, that is solely your responsibility.

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â

This is the snapshot I sent support.

http://imgur.com/a/46ozQ

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:26 PM

Â

Â

What version of Epicor 9 are you on?

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Rob Bucek rbucek@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â

He might only be semi-awesome… don’t let his head get too big now J

Â

Rob Bucek

Production Control Manager

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

Black River Falls, WI 54615

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

Mobile: 715-896-3119

rbucek@...

Visit our newly redesigned Website at www.dsmfg.com

Â

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:06 PM

Â

Â

No, generally speaking you NEVER (never.. almost never just don't do it) should run direct SQL updates on an ERP System. Within Epicor specifically if you are caught or break something Epicor Support will wash they hands of you (even faster than normal *rim shot* <-- This is a joke! you awesome one in support... you know how you are! You are AWESOME and you know it!..)

Â

You might be able to get rid of that part form the UI (though I assume you've tried), otherwise let Epicor support do what it does and you do not update the DB.

Â

You MIGHT be able to fix it via DMT , or using the Web Services Testing tool (if they don't strip spaces)

Â

But seriously take it to heart and repeat the Epicor DB Administrator oath

"I shall never under any circumstance run update, insert or delete commands in my Epicor Database under penalty of death aka support will abandon me and I will loose my job"

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â

Not joking, but I am doing this on the DEMO DB.

Â

I have two PartNum “17E-1569-50” and “17E-1569-50 “ I can see how being able to DELETE or UPDATE these records would be useful. That extra space after 50 is what the conversion does not like. Now I have to wait for EPICOR to send me a R file to run and delete from all my tables.

Â

IRL, would you ever use these two commands on commercial SW?

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 11:48 AM

Â

Â

Here's hoping you are joking.... if you are not... back away from the keyboard slowly.

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â

While I am waiting for EPICOR to fix my DB, ( have PN in the tables that is duplicated, so SQL did not like that), I created the DEMO DB.Â

Â

I shouldnt use the UPDATE statement? Is this what is meant when writing directly to the tables? Because that statement is powerful

Â

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

WHERE Company = ‘EPIC06’ AND PartNum = ‘ZZ-SHIP-100’

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Â

Â

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Â

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Disclaimer

</div><div><div class="ygrps-yiv-1632841142h5">

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

While I am waiting for EPICOR to fix my DB, ( have PN in the tables that is duplicated, so SQL did not like that), I created the DEMO DB. 

I shouldnt use the UPDATE statement?  Is this what is meant when writing directly to the tables?  Because that statement is powerful

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer

Here's hoping you are joking.... if you are not... back away from the keyboard slowly.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

While I am waiting for EPICOR to fix my DB, ( have PN in the tables that is duplicated, so SQL did not like that), I created the DEMO DB.Â

Â

I shouldnt use the UPDATE statement? Is this what is meant when writing directly to the tables? Because that statement is powerful

Â

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Disclaimer

</div>

I have two PartNum “17E-1569-50” and “17E-1569-50 “  I can see how being able to DELETE or UPDATE these records would be useful.  That extra space after 50 is what the conversion does not like.  Now I have to wait for EPICOR to send me a R file to run and delete from all my tables.

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

While I am waiting for EPICOR to fix my DB, ( have PN in the tables that is duplicated, so SQL did not like that), I created the DEMO DB. 

I shouldnt use the UPDATE statement?  Is this what is meant when writing directly to the tables?  Because that statement is powerful

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

No, generally speaking you NEVER (never.. almost never just don't do it) should run direct SQL updates on an ERP System. Within Epicor specifically if you are caught or break something Epicor Support will wash they hands of you (even faster than normal *rim shot* <-- This is a joke! you awesome one in support... you know how you are! You are AWESOME and you know it!..)

You might be able to get rid of that part form the UI (though I assume you've tried), otherwise let Epicor support do what it does and you do not update the DB.

You MIGHT be able to fix it via DMT , or using the Web Services Testing tool (if they don't strip spaces)

"I shall never under any circumstance run update, insert or delete commands in my Epicor Database under penalty of death aka support will abandon me and I will loose my job"

Â

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Â

I have two PartNum “17E-1569-50” and “17E-1569-50 “ I can see how being able to DELETE or UPDATE these records would be useful. That extra space after 50 is what the conversion does not like. Now I have to wait for EPICOR to send me a R file to run and delete from all my tables.

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Disclaimer

</div><div><div class="ygrps-yiv-1766796421h5">

I tried to delete via the UI but that did not work.

I am trying to figure out how I can pull these out via a query in progress.

I see 5 part numbers right now, they have a SPACE in front so they are on top of my list so those are easy to find.  But how do I find those with a space at the end.  Going through 90k PN is no fun especially when numbers look the same.

I am almost certain that EPICOR will only send me a fix for that ONE particular number I sent them, then I will need to do the same process again for each unless I can tell them the PN with issues.

Miguel A. Santillan

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:06 PM

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

I have two PartNum “17E-1569-50” and “17E-1569-50 “  I can see how being able to DELETE or UPDATE these records would be useful.  That extra space after 50 is what the conversion does not like.  Now I have to wait for EPICOR to send me a R file to run and delete from all my tables.

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Rob Bucek

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

rbucek@...

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Rob Bucek rbucek@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Â

Rob Bucek

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

rbucek@...

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

</div>

9.05.702A Progress 64bit

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Rob Bucek

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

rbucek@...

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Can you write a BAQ where PartNum MATCHES '* '
I don't have any "broken" records in mine so I can't test it.. though it does work if I do *s so *<space> should work too
for each Part no-lock  where  Part.PartNum MATCHES '* ' .

It does work because I get no results back.... see if that works.

IF it does you might be able to use an Updatable BAQ to fix it. Let me know and I'll help you with the code

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

9.05.702A Progress 64bit

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Rob Bucek

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

rbucek@...

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Â

Disclaimer

</div>

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Rob Bucek

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

rbucek@...

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

This code will delete a Part by ID assuming you have the partID and as far as I can tell it won't strip spaces. If the previous query I sent you works, you can place this in the update code of the updatable bAQ and have it run, however it won't work for any part that is referenced in a Job, Inventory or ANY transactions because Epicor won't let you remove those. If that is the case your ONLY choice is to hope for a fix from Epicor

//in Declaration Section
{BO/Part/Part_ds.i}

//IN Code SectionÂ
FOR EACH ttResults:
{&TRY_PRIVATE}
{&CATCH_PRIVATE}
END.

DISCLAIMER: This code is provided as is and for references only, me or my company are NOT responsible for any damage caused by this code and we highly recommend you test it heavily on a test environment before putting it in production. Once again this code is provided as an example ONLY and if you break anything with it, that is solely your responsibility.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Rob Bucek

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

rbucek@...

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Â

Disclaimer

</div>

Strange thing.  When I just create the query with MATCH ‘* ‘ it finds some…talk about opening pandoras box.  But then I click on UPDATABLE and save it removes the SPACE.  I uncheck the UPDATABLE and I am able to use the SPACE again.

Miguel A. Santillan

//in Declaration Section

{BO/Part/Part_ds.i}

//IN Code Section 

FOR EACH ttResults:

{&TRY_PRIVATE}

{&CATCH_PRIVATE}

END.

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Rob Bucek

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

rbucek@...

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

When you check updatable it removes the space from there where clause? Can't you just put it back?

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Miguel Santillan msantillan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Strange thing. When I just create the query with MATCH ‘* ‘ it finds some…talk about opening pandoras box. But then I click on UPDATABLE and save it removes the SPACE. I uncheck the UPDATABLE and I am able to use the SPACE again.

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Â

Â

//in Declaration Section

{BO/Part/Part_ds.i}

Â

Â

//IN Code SectionÂ

FOR EACH ttResults:

{&TRY_PRIVATE}

{&CATCH_PRIVATE}

END.

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Rob Bucek

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

rbucek@...

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Â

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Â
   Â

Â

Â

Â

Â

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Â

Â

Miguel A. Santillan

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Â

Â

Disclaimer

Â

Disclaimer

</div><div><div class="ygrps-yiv-1667782278h5">

It wont keep it.  It will only keep it when I uncheck UPDATABLE from the main screen.

Miguel A. Santillan

Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 6:03 PM

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Strange thing.  When I just create the query with MATCH ‘* ‘ it finds some…talk about opening pandoras box.  But then I click on UPDATABLE and save it removes the SPACE.  I uncheck the UPDATABLE and I am able to use the SPACE again.

Miguel A. Santillan

//in Declaration Section

{BO/Part/Part_ds.i}

//IN Code Section 

FOR EACH ttResults:

{&TRY_PRIVATE}

{&CATCH_PRIVATE}

END.

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Rob Bucek

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

rbucek@...

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Miguel A. Santillan

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

UPDATE Erp.Part

SET SearchWord = ‘ESC’

Miguel A. Santillan

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Disclaimer