SSIS Integration Services task failing to connect after Public Cloud update

In addition to the issues with Windows 7 boxes and the smart client for DT, I ran into another issue caused by this weekend’s update. The issue is related to TLS 1.2 which was implemented (Surprise!) over the weekend in the public cloud.

The symptoms:

A DTSX that had been working for over a year stopped working. There were no changes on my end to cause this, and it coincided with all of the Windows 7 boxes failing to connect to the server after the recent update.

I could preview the OData data source successfully but could not run the package. This had been working for over a year before this update. I was getting this error message in Visual Studio when trying to run the package:

Error: 0xC020801F at Data Flow Task, OData Source [2]: Cannot acquire a managed connection from the run-time connection manager. TLS 1.2

How I fixed this:

After a lot of searching, I added these registry keys to the Windows 10 system running the SSIS package.

1. Enforce TLS 1.2 on your machine through registry settings. In an elevated command prompt run the following commands:
  • reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 /v SchUseStrongCrypto /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /reg:64
  • reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft.NETFramework\v4.0.30319 /v SchUseStrongCrypto /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /reg:32

This is per here (buried in some bad HTML formatting) https://www.xszz.org/faq-6/question-2019082815664.html

Hope this saves someone else the hours I spent on this :slight_smile:

1 Like