SSRS calculated fields in Epicor 10

Joe, Thank you for your response. Vlad

I’m trying to create a modified version of SSRS BOM Listing report. Both PartRevPartMtl dataset and Report Data Maintenance show calculated fields like Calc_TopPartSeed or CalcPartNumberIndentor. Is there a way to see how these fields were created? Right clicking the field and clicking Field Properties takes me to Dataset Properties, but the field source contains just a name, no links to expressions or anything else. Is there a place I can read about Epicor calculated fields?

Thanks

Vlad

Vlad,

Look in the query itself (under dataset properties). You should see the calculated field there.

Joe

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Vladimir Buriko vburiko@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

I’m trying to create a modified version of SSRS BOM Listing report. Both PartRevPartMtl dataset and Report Data Maintenance show calculated fields like Calc_TopPartSeed or CalcPartNumberIndentor. Is there a way to see how these fields were created? Right clicking the field and clicking Field Properties takes me to Dataset Properties, but the field source contains just a name, no links to expressions or anything else. Is there a place I can read about Epicor calculated fields?

Â

Thanks

Â

Vlad

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

If these are fields in the RDD there isn't a way to see exactly what a calculated field is unless Epicor shares the code with you.  With that said there is a chance.  Epicor uses stored procedures for a lot of things in E10, it is possible they are using a stored procedure to build the RDD dataset or at least portions of it.  take a look in the Epicor10 SQL database at the stored procedures and see if you can find one that has a name similar or related to the report you are running.  If there is the stored procedure may have the source of the calculated field.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc.
Too fast on the reply. I should read more completely before I answer.

I don't know how a lot of the calculations are done on the Epicor side of SSRS. There might be some information in the Report Data Definition. Don't know about the fields you mentioned.

Joe

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 1:40 PM, Joe Douglas Trent <jdtrent@...> wrote:
Vlad,

Look in the query itself (under dataset properties). You should see the calculated field there.

Joe

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Vladimir Buriko vburiko@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>

Â

Thanks

Â

Vlad

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Jim, Thank you. I'll try to look in the database. Vlad