SSRS Report uploading zipped to Cloud

The generate for design is used to capture the GUID. I’m trying to download the .rdl file to modify it using the GUID but I believe this is not available for Cloud.

Unless the functionality is drastically changed in 2022, generate for design is the entire process, it is not just to capture the GUID. Have you tried these steps?
https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=49928dc3db41405c4e4aed72ca961952
Its KB0074883 if the link is bad.

1 Like

Generate for Design is still available and is also available for Cloud Customers. The Web UI was likely done to mimic how the Smart Client worked but the Smart Client could also do the Un-Zip. I will review as interactions with Desktop applications is not possible due to Browser sandbox limitations.

This might be another area for the Edge Agent…

1 Like

You can rename the zip file that gets downloaded to avoid overwriting and to keep zip files separate per report. Then after updating the SSRS you have to do a “Save As” and select the renamed zip file.

Not loving this…Kinetic doesn’t get any easier to sell :frowning_face:

Has anyone put a suggestion in Epicor Ideas yet to go back to Downloading and Uploading single files and not zip files?

Rich has mentioned they are looking into something above.

Okay, mine don’t download as a zip file but I am on the Cloud Kinetic Epicor.
1.Open up Report Style.
2. Select the Report ID you would like to work on
3. Select the style you want to download
4. Click on Actions > Download SSRS Report
5. Window pops up, you navigate to the local folder you want it downloaded to and it then downloads your .rdl files to the folder. It will put in the folder structure of whatever is shown in the Report location of Report Style Maintenance. (mine is reports/CustomReports/xxx) (xxx is the name of the .rdl report)
6. Find the files in the local folder you downloaded the .rdl to
7. Use report builder to make the necessary changes
8. Save the report to the local folder you downloaded the .rdl to.
9. Copy the reports/CustomReports/xxx to your C: drive making sure that the report you want to upload is the only report in the CustomReports folder.
10. Go back to the Report Style Maintenance and click on Action < Upload SSRS report and the changed report is automatically uploaded. You should get a success message.

Let me know if I have been doing this all wrong but it has worked for me!!

thanks,

Jill Schoedel

P.S. This is all done in the Classic environment. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

1 Like

Yes, that makes sense.

But can you imagine if any browser allowed a website to download a zip-file and unzip it?! Yikes!

:scream:

Are you seeing the same issue if you do it in Kinetic?